How many days is needed from seed to harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma2016

Reaction score
I want to start my first attempt to grow marijuana indoor,which kind of marijuana is suit for beginner? How many days are needed from seed to harvest? Some other notes?

welcome ,,,,,,there so many different strains ,each one has different grow times ,,,,find a good seed company they will tell if that strain is good for first time growers ,,they will tell witch one is better for in door grows and will give you a flowering time,,,,i do about 6 weeks in veg ,,,flowering time I leave up to the plant ..,,they will tell you when there done ,,,,good luck ,,,ssbw

I figure two months from seed to flower and at least two months for flowering.

There is a lot of great info here, read all you can and let us know how we can help you.

OOPS!! please excuse my bad manners, Welcome to MP! we are glad you are here.

Welcome to MP and growing your own! This is a fun exciting hobby, but cannabis is very demanding and picky.

It is about a four month process from seed to harvest and a hundred things can go awry along the way. I encourage you to learn as much as you can about what this great plant needs to flourish--it is not like growing veggies or flowers. Growing cannabis takes time, energy, space, knowledge, study, money, and love. It is an investment in both money and time, buyt the rewards are great.

Welcome to MP! I would like to add that I do not believe in a beginners strain. Try and get the best seed that you can find, good genetics is key to good weed, good luck :D

Welcome to MP...6-8 weeks of Vegging and then 8-10 weeks of flowering. That is ballpark.
Get decent genetics but don't break the bank on your first grow. A lot can go wrong.

IMO, Start in dirt(potting soil). it seems there are fewer things that can go wrong. its a weed and fairly easy to grow. outside sun, in the ground is easiest(most forgiving). where are u know? do u know where to find seeds?? are u gonna go feminized(female) or use regular seeds( male and female)?? i like "SINGLE SEED CENTRE". Many places to buy seeds. just ask.. RAPID ROOTERS are probably the most popular way to germinate seeds but again there are so many ways u could go and enen more opinions on how to get there. Please Buy a p.h. meter.under $50. ask, ask. lots of very experenced growers here!! WELCOME!! U ARE IN GOOD HANDS. find a local grow store near u. they will be a big help also..:48:

I hate to disagree with you grasshopper, but it is NOT a weed and it can be quite challenging to grow. It takes hundreds of dollars worth of equipment (at the very least) and the plants have to be cared for on almost a daily basis. You need different nutrients and different light for vegging phases and flowering phases. You need to keep the pH within fairly narrow parameters. You have to watch out for all kinds of pests and diseases that can infect your grow. Temperature and humidity have to be monitored and regulated. You have to have a ventilation system set up to exchange the air on a regular basis and you have to have a space that you an keep 100% dark 12 hours a day.

Emma, I am not trying to discourage you but I also don't want you thinking that this is an easy endeavour either. It is going to take time, energy, space, knowledge, study, money and love.

I know each person is different, but going to coco was the best thing I did. Soil was very hard for me to get a handle on.

I know each person is different, but going to coco was the best thing I did. Soil was very hard for me to get a handle on.

coco is the best....... environmentally friendly 100% compostable....... cheap..... reusable........ you don't mix it with anything..........and your using a resource that is in excess....... it grows the best mj you ever did see indoors....... and makes it easy........ you just got to have the Epsom ready.

I hate to disagree with you grasshopper, but it is NOT a weed and it can be quite challenging to grow. It takes hundreds of dollars worth of equipment (at the very least) and the plants have to be cared for on almost a daily basis. You need different nutrients and different light for vegging phases and flowering phases. You need to keep the pH within fairly narrow parameters. You have to watch out for all kinds of pests and diseases that can infect your grow. Temperature and humidity have to be monitored and regulated. You have to have a ventilation system set up to exchange the air on a regular basis and you have to have a space that you an keep 100% dark 12 hours a day.

Emma, I am not trying to discourage you but I also don't want you thinking that this is an easy endeavour either. It is going to take time, energy, space, knowledge, study, money and love.

compared in MY growing experience. growing weed, pot outdoors was easier than growing tomatoes, cucumbers etc. read pot was nick-named weed because of how hardily it grows and spreads outdoors in its native enviroment. that its not a weed in the STRICKTEST sense of the word. that a weed is a nuisance plant that tends to interfere with other more desireable plants. That any plant intentionally grown or cultivated would remove it from being defined as a weed.(wikipedia).. my last few grows outdoors, i had not fed once. watered only during very dry periods. NEVER ph ed. yet still popped up 8 footers. the sun and good black loam are so forgiving with weed. i do get mold because of our rainy season falling just pre-harvest. but overall pot grows EASY outdoors for ME. trying to replicate the sun as well as the many other growing techniques invite many issues i agree..but i probably would screw up big any veggies should i try to grow indoors..jmo

YEA, EMMA YOU ARE GONNA GET DIFFERENT OPINIONS HERE. but usually they are ALL correct. just different.:ciao:

WELL, you have a point GH, I think that to get the maximum yield out of tomatoes is harder than yielding maximum out of weed. Tomatoes are also way more prone to disease and pests, need a lot of care trimming suckers tying and what not. Tomatoes are also very sensitive to nutrients a simple imbalance damages the crop. To each crop its difficulties, mj needs removal of all males, then there is the whole drying and curing process which is much more delicate and labor intensive than tomatoes after harvest

You ever tried to smoke a tomato? I just couldn't get the harshness out for it. No matter how I cured.

lol dog, you are consuming tomatoes the wrong way :doh: seriously though, it is very very difficult to get by a tomato season with no diseases or pests. Something about tomatoes in particular that attracts every disease and pest. Cukes are much more forgiving, need a lot of trimming, are smoother to smoke too :D

Yellow squash is always hard for me. Mine never make it past midsummer. Good one day, dead the next.

Latest posts

Back