How many runs do you use HPS bulbs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkone

Reaction score
I've been getting way too many responses from locals. What are your theory's. I've heard of people who have grow until they burn out and others that change every run.

this is one you're gonna get a lot of mixed opinions on.... the number i heard the most often a while back was that they have a good 2 year lifespan.... i've used a light meter on a Solarmax 600W before to check the numbers myself.... 94,880 lumens was the starting point.... exactly 2 years later, 89,640 lumens.... i had to debate long and hard on whether or not change that bulb out since it was still performing damn near like new....

this is however, 1 man's experience with 1 particular bulb.... can't say the same for everyone else's experiences....

i hope you find the answer you're looking for!

as long as its bright I use used bulbs. lol

I believe the bulb's usefulness is rated in hours, not months or years. It depends on how many hours you operate the lamp. I can't remember for how many hours an average hid lasts. That is to say, how many hours it will perform within an acceptable range of lumen output. The average lifetime of an average hid might be 24,000 hours, for instance, but that's not what we're concerned about here.

I stopped using my last HPS when I noticed that it wasn't performing as well. I used it for three years; however, of course, I didn't use it continually for three years.

I think the avg life of a HID bulb means if it is continuously lit, not being turned on and off repeatedly, I think that shortens the life of all bulbs.

Latest posts

Back