How much do you think a light bill would go up after having two 65 Watt Compact Flour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How much do you think the electric bill would go up after having two 65 Watt Compact Flourescent lights on 16 hours of the day for a month compared to the prior month without those lights on? Those are powerful lights.

Two 65 watt lights aren't anything to worry about. Your bathroom ceiling fixture more than likely holds 2 60 watt incandescents. A couple of bucks a month...

OldSkool said:
Two 65 watt lights aren't anything to worry about. Your bathroom ceiling fixture more than likely holds 2 60 watt incandescents. A couple of bucks a month...

Are you aware that a 65 watt Compact flourescent light = 300 watts for a regular bulb?

Two of them are gonna be on for 16 hours a day. I don't even keep regular bulbs on for more than 10 hours a day. And these lights together are about 10 times the power of a regular bulb.

I think you are missing a BIG point Troublesome...
They put out the LIGHT of a 300 watt INCANDESCENT but at the cost saving power factor of 65 watts. They only USE 65 watts of power...You get MORE LIGHT for LESS MONEY.

OldSkool said:
I think you are missing a BIG point Troublesome...
They put out the LIGHT of a 300 watt INCANDESCENT but at the cost saving power factor of 65 watts. They only USE 65 watts of power...You get MORE LIGHT for LESS MONEY.

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for helping out. So you really think it would only go up a couple bucks?

Troublesome217 said:
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for helping out. So you really think it would only go up a couple bucks?

Its a 65 watt light bulb, im sure its not even a couple bucks.

I use these to grow in one of my boxes... i havent realized a change at all

.nor does it "equal" 300 watts of lighting for plants. It's a sales pitch, a ruse.

$6.12 per month average at .098 p/kwh.

They will cost very little to run, however they will also do very little to grow a plant. You are going to need way more light if you intend on flowering your plant. You should also be running your lights a minimum of 18 hours a day.

If you changed out all your lights from incandescent to CFLs, you electricity bill would go down.

Hick said:
.nor does it "equal" 300 watts of lighting for plants. It's a sales pitch, a ruse.

A ruse?!! :hubba:

Say it ain't so, Hick. :rofl:

DD

it wont go up anything at all that is noticable, 7 bucks a month tops

400 watts cost me a dollar a day,
so 65 watts = maybe 22 cents a day
.22x30days= under 7 bucks a month
compare that to buying an ounce a month.....................

Latest posts

Back