How much have you spent...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPuffAlot

Green thumb in training
Reaction score
on your grow room set up??

Ever since, I decided to grow my own, ive been hit with the
bug. Im one of those types that, once started i go all out.
After buying my organic kit, lights, building out my grow area
supplies, air filters, fans, humidifiers, extention cords, buckets,
pots, drain trays, soil and nutes and etc etc and a whole bunch
of other miscellenious

Im closing in on close to 2K. Looking back i dont regret it or anything
but. Man does the numbers start adding up quick or what.

Oh i forgot to mention the seeds i bought..

Just wanted to vent. Now 2/3 more months to bear fruit from all
this, is going to make it that much more satisfying.

Back when I started in March I bought a box, lights, fans, extension cords, and all that stuff. I probably spent around $125 on all of that.

I was a complete failure with indoor growing.

Now it's my spare outdoor plants that are doing well with lots of free sunshine, rain water and wonderful fresh air and ventilation.

Around $500USD i'd say?That doesnt include foil etc; just lights, tub, the essentials

$300-$400 and still going up. But it will be all worth once i don't need to search for weed anymore.

i spent about 400 to 500 on my setup and its is still going up.
but just like they have all said it is well worth it.

I could of spent less, but i paid little extra for
digital 600w light system, and went ahead and bought
Can fan and Carbon filter, after i bought a new bathroom
exhaust fan and everyhting else to install it. Then had to
buy more stuff to install new fan.

Last thing on my want list is a dehumidifier, when flowering comes around.

im just glad after the initial bite.. It should be smooth sailing for years
go come.

Actually, looking back I would have to say not a whole lot.

I bought three sunlight spectrum flors: $30
Soil: $10

And that's everything that I've actually bought FOR my grow room. Everything else I had already had been used for a fish tank or was just randomly laying aorund my house. Like, my grow aquarium and my cloning tank, gravel, my three gallon pots came from a neighbor and the floor fans came from my barn. So... In all actuality I probably SPENT more like $40, but I put a lot of TIME into it to get it just right. So, if I were billing for my time I'd have to say... 1 BILLION TRILLION DOLLARS.... LOL... Not really.

~Metalchick

well i am CHEAP ! especially when it came to start my first grow . mostly why it is named " my first grow (all on the cheap ) less than $100" . i have managed to stay well within that $100 dollar goal , maybe just exceding by a few dollars . my thought was , why go all out on the first one , use this as a learning experience and get knowledge . SO FAR this has worked , but now like you say " I HAVE THE BUG " . i am in the process of building a very nice room .4' x 4' x 7'H , untill this point i used 2 small boxes . Then an 400W hps is next , with more fans,ducting, filters,ph meters, etc.......... and then i do plan on purchasing some good seeds that catch my eye . so i can only imagine what the final tally will be , but all in all i enjoy it , its a great hobby , and it keeps me from having to hunt down nugs from a dealer , or driving and being paranoid to pick up a sack . IT will all pay off for me in the end .I have allready got offers of $20 per clone of the bagseed i have in flower now . So who knows , maybe i will revamp the funds that way .

PEACE:D

A whooooole lot. Including lights, fans, seeds, nutes, soil and electricity bill( which has gone up substantially) i'm sure it's a few thousand:(. Thats why every plant I grow gets taken care of especially well:).

LOL.. I didn't know we where talking electric too... um... my new electric bill actually came this morning and it's $322.79. It's usually about $120.

~Metalchick

I see something on sale and I just get this itch to get it. I spend so much more than necessary. T5's aren't cheap either. :doh: I don't even want to think about this! haha

I am starting with the grow lights that are floresent, they were freaking expensive, four hundred dollars for the lights and fixture, (the husband has no clue how to shop around, lol) soil, nutes and seeds about 150, part of the soil is used outside tho. this is just the beginning of the journey to a grow room that will also have the light that makes the lil girls flower, and if i have my way, i will end up with a room down stairs with exhaust and all the things that come with a great grow room. Best keep saving my pennys...and i wont even consider adding in the electric bill cause i have not a clue how the new light will make that thing spin. But i am beginning to see this as a never ending project and since i have the time, and no fear of the "man" i am gonna grow and enjoy.
tcbud

I've never really thought about it until now and I realize why haha. I get that bug too, Puff. I'd put the estimate around $2500. 3 different light setups, 3 years of fox farm soil, switch over to hydro, fans, 4 different grow areas, intake and exhaust fans, filters, toss in all the 'little' things like nutes and what not and it adds up over the years. Its all been worth it, growing has turned into a very rewarding hobby!

Latest posts

Back