How powerful/many fans blowing on your babies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross

Reaction score
I had 2 30 inch tower fans blowing in a 8x8 but one recently went out and I was wondering if it was even worth replacing. Both were one setting one because I thought 2 and 3 blew too hard on the plant right in front of them. Was wondering what you guys used so I could gauge if two was overkill or what I needed. Basically I didn't think the fan got the diagonal corner too well so I had the other fan diagnal across from it.

I run 2 12" fans in my 4x4 tent on the low setting. I felt I needed 2 to get the opposite corners, to get some breeze.

How many plants and how crowded my tent gets dictates how many fans I will use. When I first kick my lights on in my 4x4 flower tent I usually only have 4 smaller ladies going from veg to flower. I will run my tent with no fans and let the negative pressure of my setup do the trick. IMO in flower fans are mostly used to stir up the air and get rid of dead spots that can build up. If you can't easily put an arm between ladies then IMO you need a fan to kill any dead spots. At the least one oscillating fan. If you like myself sometimes wind up packing the tent even though you said you would not, this time... Lol. Then you might want a couple. In veg I would actually use more fans because that is when they will help with strengthening the stems. In flower I wind up staking anyway. Strangely in my experience my better yielding strains/phenos have almost always had thinner stems that were tough but not able to support the heavy buds. Jmo

Yea it's getting pretty full and dense so I think I should really have 2. Unfortunately fans are out of season around here. Just got one online.

I like to place a smaller fan under the canopy so that it blows around the air under the plants to stir up the co2 beneath the plants, then have one fan above the canopy to keep the air moving and the ladies dancing. In an 8x8 tent, I would have 2 fans as you have them, in opposite corners. I wouldn't get the 30" fans though, I would use the ones half that size. JMO :)

By 30" i mean the tower fans not circular. I hang them upside down so they take up virtually no space. But yea I dont think I can get by with one ive already ordered another one.

Latest posts

Back