How soon can you pre-sex your plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all who have replied so far. Hoping to pick your brains with a couple more questions along the way if I can ;)

I am currently using Maxigrow/Bloom. After finding the nice nutrients ppm chart here on this site I see they recommend a couple other nutrients along with the maxigrow. I am a bit budget strapped now after my recent investments so I was wondering if I could get opinions on what additonal nutes and or foilar spray that I should make getting asap a priority?

Also I was wondering how much more yeild per plant I should expect from this grow (1000w lamp) over my last (150w lamp) if all things other than lamp where considered equal from one grow to the next?

Thanks much for all the help :)
Warfish

well I'll be happy to help if I can, although I am not a hydro guy, so some of these others will be more of a help than me. As far as your yeild, they say 1 gram per watt is the goal to shoot for, I have not been able to achieve that yet, but like I said, I'm a soil grower. I do not foliar feed once flowering has begun, because I don't think it increases yeild, and you run the risk of mold, and mildew...that is my oppinion though, I know alot of people do foliar. I have done both, and the yeild is not significant enough to take the risk IMO. Good Luck with your grow!

Thank you Legalize Freedom, the gram per watt thing is just the kind of comparison I was looking for on that.

Still a bit lost on whether I need to add additional nutrients to my buckets on top of the maxigrow I'm currently using.

Warfish

I'm not familiar with that line of nutes, or, like I said hydro, but I'm sure one of the hydro growing gurus will be along to lend you a hand with that.

Hello again all :)

Update on my decisions and the grow room as it stands now...

After much thought and great advice from people in this thread and throughout the forums I have been able to dial in my room to where I think it should do well now. My temps are between 76 and 80 (thanks again to HempGoddess, I really thought 85 was fine, but now sitting in my garden is a joy with perfect temps) and humidity is around 30%. I will be at 6,250 lumens per sq ft for flower under an HPS lamp and am at 5,100 for veg under a MH lamp.

So the advice from DonJones and from LegalizeFreedom where both put to work for me here, lol. DonJones wanting me to grow out the bag seed for the experience and Legalize wanting me to clear out the room and clean up and get ready for good seeds :) What I ended up doing was clearing out half of my room and keeping the best looking bag seed plants. With these I am going to mess around with the nutrients levels and try some LST as they veg. I plan on starting my good seeds aproximately 3 weeks behind the bag seed and let them veg up nice and fat, then flower the whole room.

Now I know what your thinking, my bag seed plants will overwhelm my room and take the light from the good seeds. Well this would be the case except I have an extra 4'X4' area on either side of the 24 sq feet im using to move the bag seed plants to later. I'm not worried about them obtaining there optimum grow as they are mostly here for learning at this point.

I tried to pick some seeds that where supposed to be fairly hardy and decent for a beginner. I also wanted a mostly sativa (White Widow) and a mostly indica (Northern Lights) so I have a better idea of what I like to grow and med with more. While I have been self medicating for like over 25 years I have never been in the financial position to afford the good strains, so that part is really mostly new to me. I also will be receiving a few free seeds that I may try as well.

I would like to do a grow journal, but at this point in time I have no camera available to me so I am hesitant to make a journal. Let me know what you all think :) Any advice and or tips are always greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Warfish

I think you will be happy with both strains, I've never grown any of the "white" anything...but I know alot of people who do...I have NL #5 from Dr. Atomic...You should be set. The only concern I have for you is that you keep an even canopy, the WW being sat dom, may want to grow taller than you NL, so some lst may be in order here, and you will want to start that at an early stage. Hopefully you get a camera, and can get a journal going, it will be alot easier for us here to help you if we can see what is going on, especialy with deficiencies ph problems, etc. I'm excited for ya! Good Luck!

Oh yeah, where did you order your seeds from, and whose genetics?

Legalize,
As I said I am really just learning on strains and genetics, so I am a bit lost on what info your asking for. I ordered from attitude and the 2 I chose are Seedsman Seeds White Widow Feminized, and Royal Queen Seeds Northern Light Feminized. Hope I did good, hehe ;) Fill me in on what it is your looking for if you could :p . Hate being the new guy on the block but you all have been warm enough to not make me feel silly for asking stuff :D I do try to research and read alot, but one thing I have found is there is alot of contradicting advice. Glad you are all here to help me sort through it :) Wow, must be good smoke today, I'm happy to be alive!

Thanks,
Warfish

I'm happy your'e alive to! You gave me the info I was seeking, I've never used the Attitude, but alot of people here have and I have not heard one bad thing about them. So you get an A+ for that, and as far as the breeders I know Seedsman, are good quality genetics...the other I'm not familiar with but I don't think the Attitude will sell just any joe schmoe seeds, so they are probably good to...I look forward to watching you and your garden grow!

Latest posts

Back