how to grow a pear in a bottle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanehduhbuz

Reaction score
:p hello fellow gardners - this makes for an interesting novelty item. grow a pear inside a bottle. a very easy project (a pear tree is required - mine was a dwarf bartlet + i forget the other strain). i also helped pollinate the 2 different dwarf pears because bees sometimes don't show up at the same time the pollen is ready, so i use a brush + spread the pollen bac/forth between them - works better than the bees. now once the fruit has started growing pick out the one(s) u want to bottle - then take the empty bottle (liquor/plastic/ it doesn't matter) + insert the branch with the pear growing on it + tie the bottle to the branch, keeping the fruit inside where it will grow to full size. cut the fruit lose at matureity + fill the bottle up with alcohol. made mine into a xmas gift. never did get a drink of it - not sure why?:ignore: enjoy...:D

I did a similar thing with 4 apples and small square botles, I smashed the bottles when the apples had filled the bottles and had 4 square apples lmao, I should have taken some pictures, but didnt think about it at the time.

Latest posts

Back