how will my buds turn out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrn3wman

Reaction score
i have a 3x4x8 closet and i have 1 plant...so far :D but its under a 400 watt hps i was curiouse on how my buds will turn out. ive never grown inside so im not sure if thats enough light to get big fluffy buds. the plant is about 3' tall and 2' wide i topped it once and now i have it budding. but the buds have just started

i kno lol i dont have a camera :( its not any special strain or anything just some regular weed. its just ive read other threads saying the buds will be airy

MRN im not trying to be rude but nobody can give you any input on something that they havent seen...

IMO you could get anywhere from 0 grams- 2lbs. off one plant... hopefully you will end somewhere in between....

it all depends on alot man
how long they veg, the light spec,air flow, the strain
u will only know after harvest

mrn3wman said:
i have a 3x4x8 closet and i have 1 plant...so far :D but its under a 400 watt hps i was curiouse on how my buds will turn out. ive never grown inside so im not sure if thats enough light to get big fluffy buds. the plant is about 3' tall and 2' wide i topped it once and now i have it budding. but the buds have just started

You'd be a little better off with a 600W (3'x4'=12sqft x 50W/sqft = 600W). But if you're only doing one plant, you should get some decent bud. I've seen people get acceptable smoke from a lot less lumens than you're pushing. Keep it ventilated well and keep the light right on top of it.

Luck and peace.

thanks pencilhead. but yea the light is directly abouve the plant and maybe a foot away from the top of the plant . but yea i would buy a 600 watt i just dont have the money :( economy blows lol so my uncle gave me his grow light 1 400 wat hps and 1 400 mh and 2 ballast so i didnt complain lol

You could hook up both the hps and mh for dual spectrums. I guarantee a dramatic increase in yield and quality. Just watch out for the additional heat

thanks alot kushblower, see im just really worried about my plant not getting enough light and the buds come out skinny pathetic lol i want big fat sticky buds and everyone tells me ot depends on wat kind of light i use . so if i hook up both ill definently have big fat buds? ooo and if u give me ur email i can send u pics of my plant so u kno wat were talkin bout here

ooo and if u give me ur email i can send u pics of my plant so u kno wat were talkin bout here
Let's not be asking for personal information here. If you want to show your pictures, post them here.
Soliciting contacts or personal information is prohibited at MP.. "so u kno wat Im talkin bout".. ;)

alrite sorry bout that buddy ;) i cant put pics on here on my comp. so i can only send them off my phone

i've done 400 and 600 600 is better but 400 can do the job, especially just one plant,

but with that said, a thousand other things will also effect yield.

keep the lite as close as you can to the canopy but dont burn it, with good venting and properly placed fan (s) you can get it alot closer than a foot,

but still what about

nutes
ph
venting
fresh air
proper darkness

and so on

Its all good, no pics required. But ya I would hook them both up because what you are trying to do is simulate the sun - the brightest of all lights. So add more light, mh and hps will do wonders. And as for the big fat buds... I cant guarantee you that you will have a cannabis cup winner just because you use both lights. it will just help. there are many, many other factors that you must consider. (air circulation, temperature, humidity, nutrient imbalances, stable genetics*, and pests and disease)

Hold on guys, I have used just 1 400w hps before and came out with great results. I used it on 5 plants in soil on one grow and 6 plants in hydro on another grow, and they both came out great. This was before I could afford anything more so I know exactly what position you are in. Now, I know if I would of had a 600 or 1000 it could have been better, of course. But if all you have is a 400 you can achieve great results still. Check it out. The first 4 pics are grown in soil underneath a house with poor ventilation. Afgani Kush and Alaskan. The 5th, 6th and 7th pic are hydro in a bathroom, bag seed. I used b-cuzz nutes on both. Both grows used the same 400w hps light.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

what kind of nutes are you using? a 400 is good enough for that room keep it as close as it can get without burning. i would recommend you look into humboldt county's own snow storm and gravity im sure you'll get the results you want

thanks kushblower and dman .as for nutrients im not using anything . i just put the plant in the pot and let it do its thing. the temp is 87 to 89 all day but at night it gets down to 76 to70. no pest or desease. i have 1 fan blowing on the ballast( trying to keep it somewat cool) and 2 other fans in the closet 1 is facing the plant and the other is pointed at the light . also i have a small fan (squirl cage) ventingthe air out of my closet into my attic. ph? i have no clue . ive been doing this project on a zero dollar budget lol

wow sweet :D thanks alot mrnorcal . u made me a believer again lol

Latest posts

Back