hps lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hells187ryder

Reaction score
i was wondering how high should my lights be from my plants, i just purchased a hps kit

thanks

It really depends on the wattage of the type of hps light you are going to be using. They range from 70 watts to 1000 watts and the distances are all different. More information is needed my friend. Keep us posted. Take care.

about 18 - 21 in max, 21 if you have poor ventilation. I have a 400 MH and a 400 HPS I keep them around 20 in away just to be safe.

Sometimes further if I am trying to stretch them out a bit.

I keep my 400 watt hps about 12-14 inches away from the tops of my plants. It keeps the nodes really tight and prevents stretch. I dont want alot of stretch due to height restrictions. Take care.

as close as you can get it with out the temperatures rising over 80. Id love to have a vented hood, id keep it inchs away like some ive seen. the ones which the bulb is in a glass tube, connected to a duct and fan.

^^ I would also love to have one of those. When I get moved into my new place here in the next few months, I will definitely be investing in one of those. I am sure growth is much much better with the light being that close. Much better light penetration to the lower branches and growth. I cant wait. Take care.

Latest posts

Back