HPS Litghts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok I have already order my 400 watts HPS system and it should be here any day now. From greatlights4less, from ebay..
I also order a conversion bulb Mh 400 watts and that be here in a few weeks.. This place takes to long !!

Anyway my Question is this.
Can my Hps lite be ok for vegging, till I get my MH light?

I have 8 daylite cfl lites and a bunch of 26 watts cfls and 12 light sockets.
I am looking for a BETTER Batch this round..

I grem. 25 more seeds and planted them today..

:yeahthat: Your HPS could be used for the whole process if you wished.. But they will love that blue spectrum in vegg when you get that MH going so good luck! :D

i agree completely with busy high, yes you can use your HPS light throughout the whole growing process, but why not get some of that blue spectrum in there as well...i am currently in my flowering phase and i am using dual spectrum lighiting right now as we speak....my plants are monsters
400watt hps with hortilux super red, and 400watt MH with basic philips bulbs

Yup, I'm using a 400w HPS through both cycles; however, I bought a bulb upgrade which is basically a multi spectrum bulb! But it still would work just fine but you may incur some additional stretching from the plants early on.

Vegs said:
Yup, I'm using a 400w HPS through both cycles; however, I bought a bulb upgrade which is basically a multi spectrum bulb! But it still would work just fine but you may incur some additional stretching from the plants early on.

Stretching would be good to fill my room LOL

Thanks

im using the 425w hps philips son agro from seed to finish and my plants never streched if use the light distance chart properly-getting always very tight nodes- hps all the way man..-if you want you may use your cfls as an addition to light your darker corners

jash said:
im using the 425w hps philips son agro from seed to finish and my plants never streched if use the light distance chart properly-getting always very tight nodes- hps all the way man..-if you want you may use your cfls as an addition to light your darker corners

3x4x7 will be lighted pretty good !

yea I have thought of using my cfl' too,
how far do u keep ur light from the plant ??

Is it possople to use Fluro light for the whole process ( Veg+flower)?? or its nessecery to use HPS

red_ss said:
Is it possople to use Fluro light for the whole process ( Veg+flower)?? or its nessecery to use HPS
You can use flor's all the way through.BUT youd have to have alot of them,to beable to penatrate the folar and get the lower braches.You dont have to use a HPS at all.Its just what most people use cause of the correct spectrum.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

Latest posts

Back