Hps & Mh Combination Light Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelers fan

Reaction score
:bongin: I am looking for a combination HPS/MH grow light. There are so many places that sell but I can't find many that have this type I need. I was thinking a 400 watt mh & 400 watt hps would be a great combination for a complete grow with mh to veg in alone. I've seen 600 hps with 400 mh set up that was very nice too but can't find anything online thats not a rip off or junk and something that is reasonably priced. I will need a reflector that can take my pyrex tube for the bulbs/fan something that will match up nice.

If you can help me with this please post the links or PM me whatever works for you. I would like to move quick on this purchase. Thanks in advance people.

As far as I know combo bulbs that have both mh and hps need to be run off a 1000 hps ballast. They also only come in that 600 hps/400mh combination which I've been told has amazing results. Only problem the bulbs cost twice as much and 1000 watt bulbs ain't cheap.

btw hortilux makes the only combo bulbs I've seen

Not a light bulb that does mh/hps combined I am talking a system with 2 bulbs under 1 reflector. I need a store that's not a rip off with something reasobably priced and good.

Your not going to find it because they dont make it. If you want that your going to have to make it yourself. But there is no need to have a MH bulb and a HPS buld going at the same time during the veg cycle. You only need a MH light. During the veg stable the plants only need blue light spectrum and for flowering they only need red light spectrum. Would you just be wasting money if you ran both at the same it. What you want is a switchable ballast. Meaning you can run a MH light during veg groth, then switch the light out with a HPS light bulb and flip a switch on the ballast and then you can run HPS :)

A really good web site where I get ALL my stuff is www.hydroponics.net they have all around the best prices and always ship on time and vary disscret. Have never once not got my stuff and I have ordered from them 20+ times :D

ive only seen of 2 or 3 i can remember..mostly high wattage. id get a digital grow light like lumetek...they usual let u pick a bulb so start wit mh and if u aint got the loot for an hps bulb also u should be able to save for it by the time its time to start flowering. hps/mh would work great though......ur call

Or you could get a hps ballast and reflector combo and get a metal halide conversion bulb. Thats what im doing in fact. I decided to order the yieldmaster 400watt system from thegardendepotinc, for well priced conversion bulbs look here hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com

SmokeyTheBear said:
Your not going to find it because they dont make it. If you want that your going to have to make it yourself. But there is no need to have a MH bulb and a HPS buld going at the same time during the veg cycle. You only need a MH light. During the veg stable the plants only need blue light spectrum and for flowering they only need red light spectrum. Would you just be wasting money if you ran both at the same it. What you want is a switchable ballast. Meaning you can run a MH light during veg groth, then switch the light out with a HPS light bulb and flip a switch on the ballast and then you can run HPS :)

A really good web site where I get ALL my stuff is www.hydroponics.net they have all around the best prices and always ship on time and vary disscret. Have never once not got my stuff and I have ordered from them 20+ times :D

I could be wrong but i thought there was evidence to support that the mixture could be beneficial at some point, veg/flwr im not sure.

Latest posts

Back