hrs. of sunlight outside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebestofthecentury

Reaction score
in march/april when im supposed to plant outdoor here there are only 12 hrs. daylight and max in july (when i want to harvest) is 15 hrs., I want 2 flower early so im going to cover the plants with something. The problem is that if it's already vegetating under 12 hrs. how much sunlight/darkness for it to flower?

ok the light will be increasing daily from when you put the plants out side so they wont be vegging under 12/12 so when your ready to flower just cover them up after 12 hrs of daylight ,,

They won't flower if you keep feeding them High Nitrogen Fertilizer, but when you switch to a High Phosphate Fertilizer they will flower...

1hit1der said:
They won't flower if you keep feeding them High Nitrogen Fertilizer, but when you switch to a High Phosphate Fertilizer they will flower...

??? sorry im confused
are you saying if a plant is on 12/12 it wont flower if you dose them up on N,,

edit : i ve just seen another post of yours that makes no sense either

thebestofthecentury said:
but when i start them they would already be 12 hrs. darkness

yes but the days will get gradually longer ,,so it wont stay on 12/12 it will change daily ,,then as the days start to get shorter it will start to flower ,i would usually harvest around sept,oct

are you startin them from seed or clones that have been on a veg cycle ?

I don't see how this discussion can be of any value unless we know what the strain is.

starting from seed and the strain is supposedly super skunk i want to flower early for 2 reasons, so i can have bud early and so i dont get caught

If you are trying to grow outside and get them to maturity, good luck.

You will have to be there everyday at the same time to cover them up or uncover them from the light. For at least a couple of months. I would just let nature do her thing and harvest in Sept-Oct.

Yeah you can't buck mother nature outdoors...you cld wind up with a crop full of hermies...

thebestofthecentury said:
u think so? they can turn into hermies in the flowering stage?

don't think so....KNOW so...listen to the advice that has been given

dont worry about it too much my friend,,,,,,,as long as the days are getting shorter, they will flower ;)

experiment, try it

good luck
destroyer

Bowl Destroyer said:
dont worry about it too much my friend,,,,,,,as long as the days are getting shorter, they will flower ;)

experiment, try it

good luck
destroyer

It appears he is in the northern hemisphere bowldestroyer.. "in march/april when im supposed to plant outdoor here"... the days are NOT getting shorter, they are getting longer pretty fast at that time... Even if it doesn't trigger hermies, they will most likely 're-veg', and start flowering again in late july or August, just as nature intended.

Latest posts

Back