Humidity and Temp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotten_socks420

'N The Mountains YO!
Reaction score
Just a quick question I run two 1000's for 5 gal soil, wonderin what the temp and humidity should be at, right now my temp is around 67 and my humidity is around 49-52. Thanks

I,m sure someone else will correct me but I believe you need the temp around 75 or so and the humidity around 60

http://marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55000&highlight=humidity

40-60% for humidity is desirable, but less than 40% is not necessarily going to cause problems. Get far past 60% though and you got to start worrying about all sorts of nasty stuff such as molds and bud rot.

As far as temps go 67 is fine, maybe a few degrees low. Is that the temp with the lights on and is the temp the same with the lights out?

-SSF-

Thats the temp with my lights on, I run a heater in my room because its like 16' x 8', im on a 18/6 schedule, when I walk in while my lights are off its about 58-60 degrees, I forgot to look at the humidity.... Also my humidity has since risne, it's about 60% even how to I lower that? Its a rainy time of year so I think my intake air is wat the problem is im not sure.... Help!

Those cool temps could end up really effecting your growth rates. The ideal temp would be around 75. You are running 2 1000 watt hids?

right now I only have six jack heirers or however u spell that, so I am only running one 1000 mH, I adjusted my heater and my intake for when my lights go out, i have them go out at 3 am and back on at 9 am.

And since i adjusted them I haven't checked to see what its at... when I was in there earlier it was at 67 and a 60% humidity

How are you cooling the 1000w? Cooltube or reflector? Does the exhaust fan have a speed adjuster on it?

I have a 600w going and i vent my tent through the cooltube so it keeps it pretty cool. I just ordered a fan speed controller to slow it down as its getting a little cold for the girls.

For veg i like my temps in high 70s and flower low 70s. Humidity in veg i keep at about 70% and in flower about 40% - 50%

I just have a reflector, one of my lights is on a track but im not using that one at the moment, I have a 4" intake it was actually a fart fan for a bathroom that I installed in a window backwards and framed and insulated around it. For my out take I have a hole in the ceiling to the rafters with the insulation pulled out of one rafter so it can vent out threw there naturally since im forcing air in.

You might be in for some smells leaking if you have positive air pressure, Negative is better for keep smells where you want them.

If you was able to regulate the air being pulled through the room would be easier to adjust temps. Just thought.

Well thats very true but im not to worried about the smell, im kinda in the middle of kno where and im legal i dont need to worry about anyone jacking me or anything... I've actually been thinkin about closin the hole up and puttin a intake there but im always gunna have to vent out so im kinda screwed if i was gunna try and hide the smell

But anyways I still dont know how to lower the humidity no one has really commented on that question

yes. a dehumidfier is just an airconditioner that doesnt cool. ;)

a good a/c has a "dry" mode! 

But, if you have high humidity, take advantage of it (up to 80%). Run CO2 and a Sulphur Burner on Low setting (minimum burn time).

CO2 dissolves in humidity and is absorbed by the plant in greater concentrations.

High RH makes for mildew and mold conditions. Run a sulphur burner up to 1/2 way thru bud 2x a week for an hour when the lights are off

does n e one else see that french fry???? wth

Latest posts

Back