Hydro and ALGAE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chirp

Reaction score
Sup everyone looking for some help
I have a hydroponics set up with vermiculite... I Covered my resovoir with lids so no algae forms... I was wondering to I have to cover my vermiculite to or is that unneccessary.... any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Does the top layer of vermiculite constantly get wet?

It shouldn't really be a problem, as the canopy will block light as it grows.

if it is really moist then i would cover but if it isnt it should be fine i would think

Simple solution. Get some panda film and cut it to match the size of your containers with white side up obviously. Slice a hole into one side and slip it around the stem to completely keep light from reaching the medium. You will find that hydroten clay balls work better for a medium. Cleaner setup by far.

fishcabo said:
Simple solution. Get some panda film and cut it to match the size of your containers with white side up obviously. Slice a hole into one side and slip it around the stem to completely keep light from reaching the medium. You will find that hydroten clay balls work better for a medium. Cleaner setup by far.

I second the hydroton, rinse it real well though before using. They also make covers for the cups.

Latest posts

Back