I finally flipped..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernHoney

1st timer
Reaction score
Hokey Smokes, What is the deal with timers? It worked fine on the Christmas Tree so we unplugged it and took it downstairs and the stinkin' thing wouldn't work! It is mechanical and possessed. Then the fan broke and go try to find one of those in December in Canada... Yea. So It's a go now and I am just hoping they just come on in the morning. I'll keep ya posted, Peace and Love.

Let the magic begin......:D

What kind of timer is it and how much of a load are you running through it? I use a hvy duty timer now...the first one I had was a piece of crap and stopped working like 3 days after I flipped my girls...

I'll check it out tomorrow, I don't want to go to the basement and the ol' man took off when Survivor started (he's jeoulous of Probst) so I'll check it out in the morning But I made him buy a back up. So I'm ready. Hopefully.

Yay Northern! I flipped mine today to....8 weeks and counting for me, should be harvesting around the 2nd or third week of feb. if all goes well.

Okay NH...im waiting axiously like the rest...Bring on the Budds:lama:

NorthernHoney said:
I'll check it out tomorrow, I don't want to go to the basement and the ol' man took off when Survivor started (he's jeoulous of Probst) so I'll check it out in the morning But I made him buy a back up. So I'm ready. Hopefully.
hahahaha I have to have my Survivor fix every Thursday as well..... I don't take calls for that ONE hr a week and EVERYTIME someone calls grrrrrrr. Voicemail :) .
This year that Russell is a total TRIP - hated him from the get go but damn if he didn't EARN my respect :cool: .

I know, I don't like Russell either... When he dumped out there water! I couldn't believe that! I think Brett will take it, he has got some cute dimples. Anyhoo, my timer is a Woods it is for a block heater. If that makes any sense I have no idea the husband is in charge of all the electric and such, I am charge of the care and feeding.
Good luck LF, keep us posted I can't wait to see the results for both of us. I couldn't go down and visit tonight because I am on days and the lights were off by the time I got home so I have to wait until morning. I hope the rest of them show their sex soon so I can start thinning things out.
On a different subject, I saw an interesting article in the paper today about some revisions of Canadian drug laws and this guy was saying that you get the same about of pot from one plant or 16 and all depending on the lights, so he wants the lawmakers to judge on the amount of lights instead of the amount of plants. I tore the article out.. If anyone is interested I can type out some of the highlights on Sunday.
Have a good one everyone, I'll talk to you later.

I've been waiting for this....I knew it wouldn't be long until the lawmakers figured out that we have plants that can produce some really heavy weights. I knew eventually it would come down to them saying we can only use certain wattage bulbs, and I wouldn't be surprised if eventually the total amount of plants we are allowed totally disapears and is replaced with a weight that we are allowed to be in possesion of. ex, instead of 6 plants/person...we will be allowed say 6 oz/per person...This is what scares me with the whole totally legal scheme...how they go about regulating it. I'd like to hear more NH, or you could just give me a web address to the newspaper it was out of....errr maybe you don't want to do that either if it was a local paper...I just don't want to have you WORK to get the info...no biggy if you feel like giving more info I would appriciate it...but don't NEED it if you don't feel like typing...lol

yeah, im in Canada also and you learn early to stock up on supplies around AUG, Sept, because the shelves are bear in the winter, and im in a very southern part of Canada...LOL

BTW is that your dog in the Avtar?

is it a cocker spaniel?

have you checked the actual socket your plugging the timer in to? may be a dead socket, try it in a different socket and see what happens, if nothing the buy yourself a new timer and get a decent relay

hello NH.:) ...

i'm with dman on stocking up in august on fans, and soils, and nutes,perlite, pots, and general garden materials, cause they are very scarce here also in the winter months...it don't really make sense here in the winter to not sell fans. alot of folks use wood heaters, and need fans even more at this time of year...i have been privvy to this a long time now...i try to tell all in late summer to stock up in the northern climates...

i'd love to see some highlights of the article also...it seems our states that have recently become mmj states(US), have all followed suit with other states, and opted for a plant limit, mixed with a weight limit...our state has been mmj legal a little over half a year, and there is arguments to conditions being fought for as we speak...

LF. i hope it ain't so also...how you like the new public smoking ban? where's this heading?...

you would do good to go out , and scour every nook, and cranny for ANY fans you can get your hands on NH...i have found them in the oddest places...lol...

you have a grow journal going NH? if you put a link in your siggy, i can get there from here...lol...(prolly is, and my high butt missed it.lol...lol...)...

how many amps/watts are you pulling through the timer? whats the timer rated for? i've killed timers like that before..

Irish I haven't really heard all the details on the public smoking thing yet, I knew it was coming though, I moved from Ohio where they have had smoking laws for a couple of yrs, I don't have a problem with it honestly, I can go outside at a resteraunt if I need to. My problem with it in Ohio was that bars were included in it, and at that time I had not quit drinking...so that was a problem for me...I mean Jim Beam, and my buddy weiser both go hand in hand with a marlboro...but I haven't been in a bar in a looong time now, and I have no desire to.

The thing about all these laws to me is that it is just another way for Big Brother to wrap his hands around the commoners throats....land of the free.. But what can you do...these sheep keep voting for uncle sam to protect us from ourselves....heaven forbid that people could actually think for themselves. Let the rich tell us how to think...and do as they say...or go to jail, or worse yet give them the rest of your pay that they didn't take in taxes to pay for the fines for breaking the laws you paid to have put in place in the first place, and paid for the salaries of those that enforce and judge said laws...aaawww don't get me goin man! ya' say ya' want a revoloootion weeell ya knowww....Makes me wonder where all the hippies from the 60's that wanted change are...I mean it's thier age group in power now, or is CHANGE just a feel good word...to me all it is is whats left from my paycheck after all they have pilfered it....I really have to stop...lol...man, sorry bout that

Here is the article, cut and paste is a beautiful thing. It was in Friday's Toronto Sun. We have had the smoking ban here for a couple of year's now but I don't smoke cigarettes so I don't care.

The Conservative government and the Liberal-dominated Senate may find this a buzz-kill but a drug expert says neither of their approaches to prosecuting pot producers makes sense.

Earlier this year, MPs passed a drug bill that included a mandatory minimum sentence of six months in jail for growing as few as five pot plants. Drug reform advocates slammed the legislation as draconian. Then the Senate began pruning the bill and just passed an amended version.

The rewritten bill would spare pot growers an automatic jail term unless they're caught cultivating more than 200 plants. The Senate has now punted the legislation back to the House of Commons where it could be gutted and redrafted.

Meanwhile, pot producers will merrily continue running their grow-ops and raking in astronomical amounts of tax-free money, people will continue smoking pot and getting cravings for the munchies and Canadians will continue wondering if all politicians are spaced out.

(In other words, are pot grow-ops a national priority compared to, say, joblessness, a floundering economy, a teetering health-care system or how we're going to afford to repair our crumbling infrastructure?)

But if our politicians insist on focusing on pot grow-ops, our laws should at least reflect the reality of marijuana cultivation.

That is, legislation should be based on the number of lights, not plants, says Darryl Plecas, director of the Centre for Criminal Justice Research at the University of the Fraser Valley.

One 1000-watt bulb will produce a pound of dried bud no matter how many plants you have, he explains. If one grower has one plant under one light, he'll produce one pound of pot. If he's got 16 plants under one light (the typical scenario), he'll still only end up with one pound of bud. The 16 plants just won't grow as high.

Legislation

Growers will simply adjust their cultivation patterns to reflect what's in the legislation, says Plecas. "The Senate could not have gone further to perpetuate the number and problem of grow operations."

Over the next couple of years, growers will just shift the way they operate -- fewer plants but more lights, he explains. "Why would somebody need to have 200 plants?"

And more lights will mean more theft of electricity and an increasing likelihood of fires, says Plecas.

B.C. criminology student and medical marijuana patient Brian Carlisle, who has helped Plecas with his research, began experimenting with plants and light several years ago.

He says he was shocked to find out that it didn't matter how many plants he grew. One bulb over six plants, for instance, produced the same amount of pot as one plant under one bulb. The number of lights, therefore, is the most accurate way to determine the production level of an indoor grow-op, says Carlisle.

"I think (politicians) are being fed incorrect information," he says.

Plecas says the legislation should have ignored the number of plants and set jail terms for more than five lights.

"Once you get beyond five lights ... it's clearly more than can be consumed for personal use."

How times have changed. Remember when a Senate committee recommended that pot be legalized?

Yea, she is mine.. My sock thieving, paper shredding 100 pound lap dog. She is a golden. I also have 2 others as well you will see pics of them in the future. They are loads of fun.
I will have to check on the amps through the timer but everything seems to be going along nicely now. Fingers crossed.
I didn't start a grow journal, I wish I had now. I will have to figure that out and start one. If it;s not too late.

thanks for the amusing article NH.:) ...

why prosecute us at all?...

you can grow 200 plants?!?!?wow...i did not know this...

Latest posts

Back