I found a diamond today.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allgrownup

i was walking down the sidewalk with my head down. I was just another working zombie on my cellphone ignoring the world. (i cant talk on the phone standing still for some reason)

anyway......

i'm walking and looking at the ground when a sparkly catches my eye. I reach down and picked up a diamond about the size of my small finger nail. :woohoo:

Too bad its pink :doh:

its definetely glass or somethin hard and heavy. Must be a fake of some sort. Oh well.........maybe its worth a buck or two??????

here it is.....in all its glory

pinkdiamond.jpg

i don't think 6 year old girls read lost and found adds LOL

this things gotta be fake man.....it would be like a 3 carat gem. and a pink one at that! :D

I was thinking its like costume jewelry and maybe worth 20 bucks. :huh:

Oh sorry cant tell from the pic, there are diamonds 3 carats out there and they are worth so much. Add it to your Halloween costume ,LOL

If it's pink.....it's either a tourmaline, sapphire and unlikely a diamond.
Do the Specific Gravity test and you'll know exactly what you've got.
SG......weigh stone in air then in water...........then in water ...........take it's dry weight and divide it by the weight in water.
You'll come up with a low number...under 3.5

Let us know if you're rich!

I don't think it' a diamond either.lol.But test it,,you never know

hey Bubby.....according to your two tests, this thing is REAL or REAL FAKE LOL

a friend of mine owns a jewelry store and comes into my office for coffee. I'll have him tell me what it is and what its worth is. If i can ever remember to bring it with me to work!

I'll let you guys know.

Oscar....i could try your test tonite...but i don't get what your saying. Your saying weigh the stone dry on my scale? i don't understand what "in air" means. then i'd weigh the water, then the water with the stone so i know how much the water weight is? then divide the two?

Man, i'd have to weigh the container that holds the water, then with the water in it, then with the stone in the water, and then minus out the wieghts of everthing excluding the diamond weight in water?????????

i'm confused....however i'm sobre. I'll try this tonite when i'm stoned and smarter LOL

also, are you trying to say that if the weight us under a certain number it real??? or if the water weight is more or less its real??????

peace

Just google up specific gravity test so that you get the calculations correct.

If it is a diamond........the SG is around 3.52

you could also look to see if it has a number on it (rather in it) when a diamond is cut the jewler has a laser that will cut an id in to the center of the diamond to make his signature and the specific traits of the diamond EG how much it weighs and where it is from done by numeric code you should be able to use a radio shack micro for this it does enlarge 30-100X but i really doubt if its real cause if it was and at that size it would be worth some real loot to whoever lost it it looks more like a plasitc or glass diamond shaped cut to me might be off of some Barbie toy crown that is for your little princess to wear

Best of luck to ya, it would be awesome if it turned out to be a a real stone of some sort. Might be worth some money. Heck even $20 to $50 dollars is a good trade off of a found stone. Like I said Goodluck!!!

hmmm..

3+ Karot of average color/clarity/cut would cost hmmmm..
$10,000 plus...

believe me, it if was a real diamond, you would have the owner
and their family camped out looking for it. I know i would.

Latest posts

Back