I Need Help!!! Please Read!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RollItUp420

RASTA
Reaction score
ok.. my plant is gettin pretty big now. its been bout 3 weeks since its sprouted... but its damaged and dont kno why.. the first leaves that da plant made are completely dead. the next two leaves are shriveling up. one of them is turnin dark green kind of looking blue and the other one is turnin yellow and shrinking. also on a few of the leaves it has a kind of white lookin stuff on them. kinda looks like powder. can anyone tell me what might be wrong with my baby and wat i can do to save it please?

Pics are a must, I would be guessing at a couple different things. The powder sound like mildew, that's not good. I don't want to give any misinfo though. Can you give us more details about your set up? Nutes? dosage? Temps? Humidity? anything to help us help you....

i have it in a half of a two liter bottle and i use plant food with 15-30-15. ive been readin other peoples problems on here and seein what others response to it is and i think its because i use too much of the plant food. my plants have never gotten straight water. its in a real simple environment. its iin a night stand turned around to the wall with one fluorescent bulb. not sure wattage(im a super amateur grower, sorry). i have a pic in the gallery from three days ago. cant send any new photos, dont have camera any more.

first off... you are probably giving ferts when you shouldn't be... you are prob overfeeding and giving nute burn.

second of all... it sounds like you either have powdery mildew, or more likely, it's mold... you need to have a steady breeze blowing across the plant at all times to prevent this... airflow is ESSENTIAL, otherwise u will have mold/mildew probs.

solution: get some airflow on them, and spray the upper and lower part of the leaves with a fungicide... personally, I use Funginex by Green Cross at the first sign of mold/mildew - it's a systemic fungicide.
and... stop giving nutes... give straight PH'd water until you notice the girl gets hungry (leaves start loosing their lush green color)... and THEN... go really weak at first... ya gotta build it up...

the NPK ratio's during veg should be higher in the N, almost nothing in P, and a little in K.

that's my opinion... and I'm sticking to it :p

anyone else wanna add to this?

i bet its a PH issue.. causing NUTE lock, making it look like its wants to feed
but can't.. and you adding more nutes making burn.

Also,cover the container...roots hate light. How often do you water? Is there drainage?

RollItUp420 said:
i have it in a half of a two liter bottle and i use plant food with 15-30-15. ive been readin other peoples problems on here and seein what others response to it is and i think its because i use too much of the plant food. my plants have never gotten straight water. its in a real simple environment. its iin a night stand turned around to the wall with one fluorescent bulb. not sure wattage(im a super amateur grower, sorry). i have a pic in the gallery from three days ago. cant send any new photos, dont have camera any more.
Yea if your plants have been only fed nuted water, there more than likely suffering form nute burn. LOL u remind me of someone lese i know. FLush them out with ph'ed water and feed plain water till they start growing again.

Afghan#1 said:
FLush them out with ph'ed water and feed plain water till they start growing again.

i did that almost right after i made this thread. and earlier today i clipped of 2 of the dying leaves. should i have done that? and then i made the bottle bigger and added more dirt so it wouldnt be so tall and lanky looking.. is that ok to do or no??

The flush will help with the over-nuting. You need to get some airflow on the plant. That will eliminate the mold or mildew problems. It's common for the first couple sets of leaves to die as the plant matures. Don't worry about it too much. The fan will also help to strengthen the stem. If you only have one floro on the plant, your yield will be almost nothing. With cfls, an enclosed grow area is almost a must to contain and make as much use of the lumens as possible. Get as much light as you can on the baby and that will help. Have you thought about moving the plant outdoors? Outside, the plant will be almost self sustainable. Just my thoughts. Hope this helps. Make sure to read, read, read. Do your research and you will be rewarded in the end. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back