I need help with my bong...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazeddd

Reaction score
making a homemade bong out of circular wood... I don't know how to hollow it out, the only way I can seem to do it is with a drill press.. problem is I don't know where to use one or find it

a wooden bong huh? Never seen one, just pipes. Go Glass!

I have a wooden bong here that was made in late 1960's. I put water in it and it cracked. nice looking though. makes a good dry bong

the easiest wooden bong to make is from baboo. I use a rubber grommet where the bowl intersects the main stem. my favorite pipe holds one hit, I made on a metal lathe in college.

umbra said:
the easiest wooden bong to make is from baboo. I use a rubber grommet where the bowl intersects the main stem. my favorite pipe holds one hit, I made on a metal lathe in college.

Is it a water bong?????????

Yo,
Your in my nieghborhood now. I would first recommend that you go with a strong hardwood like cherry or Briar from a maple or an old oak. If you can ever find it I like to use Ironwood.
It is a lot of hard work, but it's made with your hands, and that is what makes it so cool.
Use a hole cutter on a hand held electric drill, and a vice to hold the wood, don't worry about scratching the wood as you will do a lot of shaping later.
The size of the hole depends on personal taste. I have two of them, one is drilled out using a 5/8" wood hole cutter, and the other is a 3/4" inch hole. Now the depth is also up to you. I like to have it at an 1" and 3/4. Your going to place a screen in there, (stainless), and you can score them at any hardware store over in plumbing.
Think through carefully your stem hole, I use a 3/16 wood drill, when you are looking at that piece of wood draw it on the wood. Say your starting with a small block of wood with flat sides, then the drawing is easy. Here are a couple of pics for ya to get an idea with;
SH100002.JPGSH100005.JPG
SH100006.JPGSH100004.JPG

I hope that these will help ya at least a little. Ha-Ha I couldn't even wait to finish to start using mine, started as soon as I had the initial cuts done.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=44854&stc=1&d=1200528425

SH100002.JPG

SH100005.JPG

SH100006.JPG

SH100004.JPG

Thanks for the tips KingKahuuna..

I have a bamboo bong, but it's really kinda sketchy. The top part is bamboo, near a foot tall. The bottom is a small water bottle that mice use to drink water from in their cages. The piece is a pen with a hardware piece on top of it... held together by ducktape. It gets the job done. (made by a friend)

Dazed and confused has inspired me to make my own... if it turns out the way I hope it will, it's gonna be a hell of a bong (comparable to ones you can buy perhaps)

My bad dude,
I thought that you wanted something small like a tobacco pipe, only with a carb. It's cool, I wonder if the tinted tubes for mice and rats would work for the long draw. You could always find a place that sells chemistry tubes and what not.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Unless it is really nice, good smelling, high quality wood smoking out of a wood pipe is a real let down. Glass all the way.

I like collecting pipes, and you never do really burn the wood as you spend careful time seasoning the wood just by smoking it a lot. Meershum Pipes are as cool as a water bong, though obviously different.pipes-ipees!-3287s.gifl.gif

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

pipes-ipees!-3287s.gifl.gif

the pipe in the pic is a clay tavern pipe..dig them out of outhouses all the time

Latest posts

Back