I Need Your Opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbob

Just another lover of MJ
Reaction score
After much debate about when and how to grow I've become impatient and have decided to start immediately. I have a 150w hps and some bagseed and will be growing in a soil/perlite mix, approximately four plants. They won't be great I know, and this is more for the experience than final product, I learn better hands on anyway. And I won't be ruining my quality seeds. I'll veg for four weeks and throw them into flower after that. My concern is I will be leaving on a ten day trip about a week or so after I put them into flower. Is this too risky? I don't want to make progress and then come home to some dead plants. What do you guys/gals think? Am I too anxious? I haven't had bud in weeks and won't have any until I grow my own. Should I hold off until I get back? Thanks.

Hello Budbob :)

Can you survive for 10 days without a drink?

If you cant do it, your plants cant do it.

Can someone else water them for you?

No, no one else will be able to water, as this is a stealth grow. I posed the question because I've seen numerous posts where others claim to go a week or more without watering their babies, I thought it was a fair question. However I have recently considered the fact that the will be in rather small containers which means they will dry out quicker, further complicating the issue.

Capillary matting in a shallow tray
pots on top
overhang the cp into a res of water

Voilà :aok:

Self watering pot that only drink what they need

water is easy to solve it's the unattended 12hr+ use of the HPS that would concern me.

Do you have access to some aquarium lights?

when i left for a week I raised my lights up and set up a drip system..and should post it in the DIY forrum..and you only have four plants..this would work 4U...also try the "wick" system..Pm Me if you would like me to explain more..and start that grow..If you have yet to run it..start it now to gat those temps down...we want this setup ready and able by the time flower comes..and Glad to hear you are useing practice beans...be prepaired to lose some along the begging trials okay...but onece we get that system dialed in...DANK budds your way..okay..Thanks for shareing..KEEP M GREEN

bud.uncle said:
Capillary matting in a shallow tray
pots on top
overhang the cp into a res of water

Voilà :aok:

Self watering pot that only drink what they need

Known as "wick" yes?

Yea, Check my HPS grow link below.... I was going to have the exact same problem.. I'm going out of town for 2 weeks... Anyway.. I have a picture of the "Wick" on there and a link to them... Only cost about 4 bucks and your plants will be watered... I dont know if you should put them into flowering while ur gone.. And only at four weeks... You should probably wait until you get back.. More Veg=More Bud...

While all of your suggestions have been helpful, I think I'll play it safe. No need to worry on vacation eh? Besides, I should be able to smoke where I'll be going, so it won't be too agonizing going without bud for a while after I get back. I think just growing will help take the edge off lol. However, I'm going to look more into the wick system, this thread has evoked new possibilities I never considered. Thanks everyone.

and also at 4 weeks they will soon be hitting the stretch and sucking some water,nutes.leave her be until ya get home

Latest posts

Back