I sexed those '78 SSC Skunk #1's over the new year...

• Thread starter That crazy vancouver guy
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

That crazy vancouver guy

turns out I've got 3 males, 3 females... 'n a plant that took 3 weeks to show... extra special true dual-gendered plant... I'm told I've pulled someth'n special outta my lucky 7 phenos

something like a 1 in 30,000+ genetic rarity, I'm told... and it just happens to be of an original '78 SSC Skunk #1 ... indica-dom 'ta boot....:hubba:

ain't that someth'n?... guess I've really got someth'n to breed with now, eh? :cool:

Way to go man. Keep on bringing back the old strains.

Hey hey Crazy, how's it now!

So what's all this about a duel gendered what'z it?

Good to see you here man. I am jonezin' the PP too....:rolleyes:

Got any pics of these bad boys/girls/?? ?

Hello Van :)

Are these seeds 25% Afghani, 25% Mexican Acapulco Gold and 50% Colombian Gold?

Got any pics?

:peace:

Can't Wait To See This Come Together, I Love Anything With The Original Skunk #1, Even More On The Indica Side.
I Have A Chronic x Skunk #1 Cross That Is Heavy On The Inica Side, We Call It RoadKill, Very Strong Skunky Strain.
Best Of Luck, Wishes & Karma On Your Breeding.

:woohoo: and congrats on the females:yay: and the males TCVG.

ozzydiodude said:
Way to go man. Keep on bringing back the old strains.

isn't that someth'n, ozzy?... first, i'm lucky enough to make friends with someone who just happens to have a famous strain thought to be extinct...

he gifts me a dozen beans and only half are still viable... and of those measely 7 beans, i pull out... what appears to be, 3 unique phenotypes... and one of those dissimilar girls also happens to be a rare plant on it's own...

...with the way things r going, my friend... it's looking like I'm falling into a destiny with cannabis that was always suppose to be...:hubba:

lmao :p

i ain't the crazy man fer noth'n.... :cool:

congrats m8
i still don't understand this dual gendered plant though.. why the big deal?

sorry if this is a dense question. i know there must be something to it though for you to be so stoked on it, but i can't wrap my tiny brain around why (if it were any other common strain you had, would you still be as pumped?)

Congrats crazy! When you get a minute, would you mind sharing why a dual-sexed plant is a good thing?

here's what the chat i had with my friend, the person who originally had the beans...

That Crazy Vancouver Guy
how u do'n as of late?

wanted to find out what you thought about this...

of the 7 phenos of Sk#1... i have 3 males, 3 fems... and a dual-sexed plant... it took 3 weeks for the indi-dom plant to start showing male and fem organs at the same time...

now... to my understanding, it is not a hermie... am I correct?

i'm not going to use it to make crosses with, except for my own personal study... i'm curious to see just what kinda crosses it DOES make, and what kinda product the fem flowers produce too when flowered out...

did you come across many plants like these?

TCVG

tcvg.... I've never had a dual sex plant, but you are correct, it's not a hermie.
I'd isolate it and let it pollenate itself. Then grow out some of the offspring. It has the potential to become either a super mom or dad.
In that, once the genetic code flips back, it will either product mostly female or male plants for several generations.
It's a true genetic freak / rarity, that comes around like 1 in 50,000 plants. But don't quote me on that. It may be every 30,000 plants. Been along time since I read some online post by DJ Short talking about them.
Take care & I'll type at you later......

damn it!... i messed up somehow... i found another male hermie this morning... that makes 2 male hermies, and the one i thought was dual-gendered... so it is obviously just a hermie, as the others are starting to go trany as well...

the only thing i can think of is overferting... i feel like such a noob... :p

i hope so, ozzy... #5, the one I noticed at the start, is flipping huge... but i don't think it should be... i think it's still a stand-out girl....

so when you are speaking of true trans gendered are you saying like one whole branch is male, and one is female sort of thing? I have never heard of such a thing. Where can I learn more?

like my buddy mentioned, there's an article by DJ Shorts where he talks about this kind of genetic annomaly... I tried looking for it yesterday, but haven't been able to find it again yet....:cool:

Okay, thanks I didn't know this was possable, but I guess we have to trust a breeder like DJ, I will start looking into some of his writings to. If I find anything I will let you know.

Latest posts

Back