Carry over traits in bagseed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not completely against growing out bagseed. For one its a great learning experience. I couldnt imagine a complete newb planting 10 jack herer seeds and drowning them. When I first saw the thread title I thought it was about incorporating bagseed genetics into your own lineage. Ive been thinking and researching alot on breeding lately. There were definitely a few plants I wish I could have taken some phenos from So that could be another reason to grow it.

i think I remember someone named mfgcom or something that liked torture and smoke plants during growth. A perfect instance where someone should only grow bagseed lol

Any thoughts on what you might order in the future
?

I definetly used bagseed to learn with as well, and actually grew some pretty good smoke from some, after I got a lil more dialed in (still learnin though). It's a fine learning experience, and also I've always been wary of ordering genetics. But once your growing techniques are honed, you can only take bagseed genetics so far. And if you have a bunch of $, research, and time in your setup, wasting the potential on bagseed is kinda like polishing a turd. So to learn with, bagseed is fine. But once you produce pretty good quality with bagseed most ppl think "Man, this is nice smoke, but what I could have done with some genetics..." One other thing about bagseed is that you can take 5 seeds from 1 bag and they all grow/look/taste diff. Can be as challenging as growing multiple strains.

pcduck said:
... That is like buy a sports car and telling them to take the engine out. If you would do this, wth is wrong with you?

LOL--I like the analogy. I was going to equate it with installing an unknown engine in your vehicle--you find a free engine somewhere and put it in your vehicle without knowing anything about it...only engines are expensive and seeds are cheap.

This is how I look at it.
The seed is the least expensive of the components. The cost to operate your system costs the same if it is dirt weed or killer.

Growing is illegal here where I am at. If I am going to take a huge risk like that, it will not be with dirt weed. Growing is the biggest risk. If they confiscate your seeds you get a letter, they confiscate your grow you go to jail.

I mean you can keep learning by growing your dirt weed, but I'd rather learn by reading these forums here on MariP, and growing killer weed.But that is just me and my $0.02.....:bolt::bong2:

pcduck said:
This is how I look at it.
The seed is the least expensive of the components. The cost to operate your system costs the same if it is dirt weed or killer.

Growing is illegal here where I am at. If I am going to take a huge risk like that, it will not be with dirt weed. Growing is the biggest risk. If they confiscate your seeds you get a letter, they confiscate your grow you go to jail.

I mean you can keep learning by growing your dirt weed, but I'd rather learn by reading these forums here on MariP, and growing killer weed.But that is just me and my $0.02.....:bolt::bong2:

It's not the cost that is holding me up it's the ordering of them in general.
I don't know what it is about it but it seems to be the only thing I am afraid of ordering. I've purchased my lights, nutes, ph adjusters, and countless other tools off the intertoob but can't seem to pull the trigger on beans. :eek:

What precautions do you take when ordering your seeds?

lordhighlama said:
It's not the cost that is holding me up it's the ordering of them in general.
I don't know what it is about it but it seems to be the only thing I am afraid of ordering. I've purchased my lights, nutes, ph adjusters, and countless other tools off the intertoob but can't seem to pull the trigger on beans. :eek:

What precautions do you take when ordering your seeds?

Basically, none. I have been ordering seeds online for over 10 years. I had an order in when Overgrow and Heaven's Stairway went down. That made me nervous for a little while, but nothing happened--I just didn't get my beans.

If seeds are seized by customs, you get a letter telling you that they have confiscated your seeds--that is it. I have never had this happen to me, however. I have ordered from marijuana-seeds.nl, Attitude, Mandala, and Hemp Depot in the last year.

my first couple grows were sativa bagseed never had a hermie in fact the only real problem is the long flowering time i found a purple haze pheno that took about 15 weeks to finish most new growers chop at 8 so all they get is mostly clear/ cloudy trics its all about the waiting time do not chop untill atleast 30% amber.. but i stick to indicas now f the waiting...

and if your worried about ordering seeds start off with elitegenetics
he lives in the states so no inspections are needed

The Hemp Goddess said:
Basically, none. I have been ordering seeds online for over 10 years. I had an order in when Overgrow and Heaven's Stairway went down. That made me nervous for a little while, but nothing happened--I just didn't get my beans.

If seeds are seized by customs, you get a letter telling you that they have confiscated your seeds--that is it. I have never had this happen to me, however. I have ordered from marijuana-seeds.nl, Attitude, Mandala, and Hemp Depot in the last year.

So you have them delivered to your house?

Seeds isn't the MOST important thing when starting out for the first time, LEARNING, EDUCATING YOURSELF, UNDERSTANDING THINGS HOW THEY WORK, WHAT DOES THIS AND THAT AND ETC IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME **** BAG SEEDS.

Are you all that big of snobs you can't see that? Get real. Gotta start from some where!

Not only that, THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT THE SEEDS, ITS NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH SEEDS COST, ITS ABOUT THE LEARNING EXP.! Now pls open your minds and get that ****** out your ***!

Shasta said:
Seeds isn't the MOST important thing when starting out for the first time, LEARNING, EDUCATING YOURSELF, UNDERSTANDING THINGS HOW THEY WORK, WHAT DOES THIS AND THAT AND ETC IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME DAMN BAG SEEDS.

Are you all that big of snobs you can't see that? Get real. Gotta start from some where!

Not only that, THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT THE SEEDS, ITS NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH SEEDS COST, ITS ABOUT THE LEARNING EXP.! Now pls open your minds and get that tampon out your ***!

wow now, calm down there buddy no need to get angry.:48:

I think your missed what we were talking about. I think this thread got derailed a while ago,, I'll take some blame for that one :p but I agree with you that using bag seeds to learn from and gain experience is great and I would encourage any new grower to start there first.

I don't think it has anything to do with being a snob, just wanting to get the most out of our hard work. All I have grown are bagseeds and I've gotten high from all the pot I grew, but I am still missing out on the potential of my system. That's the point everyone was trying to make I think. :confused:

Shasta said:
Seeds isn't the MOST important thing when starting out for the first time, LEARNING, EDUCATING YOURSELF, UNDERSTANDING THINGS HOW THEY WORK, WHAT DOES THIS AND THAT AND ETC IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME **** BAG SEEDS.

Not only that, THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT THE SEEDS, ITS NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH SEEDS COST, ITS ABOUT THE LEARNING EXP.! Now pls open your minds and get that ****** out your ***!

No need for that language and that attitude. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with being a snob. As highlama said, it is about getting the most for your time, effort and money. And while seeds may not be the most important thing, good genetics rates right up there with good light, good growing medium, and good nutes. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear...

Please take some time to read the site rules and please quit shouting.

the same 1000w hps i use to veg. im growing with no veg photo period, 12/12 out of the dirt. works out to about 3 weeks of veg, then sexing on 4th-5th week.

Latest posts

Back