i want to run this setup by someone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growbuddy

SEVENTEEN
Reaction score
I plan to set up soon and have a room that is 4x6 with reflectors all around. a inline fan blowing air out. will i need another one blowing air in? I have a 1000w with a mh conversion for veg. i plan to grow 2 train wreck, 1 lemon skunk. and one diesel. i have 2 more strands but i am waiting because of space i don't want to grow 6. or can i? i have a t5 for starting them.
i am looking for your opinion if this will work.. thnaks

You will need about 4 more of your t'5 to properly grow plants large enough to fill your room and go completely into bud. W/o more vegetative light your will be forced to use the 1kwt to veg them (18 hrs a day at 1kwt.hr is $$$).
If your room is not completly sealed then it will pull fresh air in. This air is not filtered so you run the risk of bringing in pests.

You NEED to get a SEALED ducted hood and run your vortex fan through the light and out the room. If the fan is placed inside the room it will cycle your air also. But, I WOULD FILTER THE INTAKE.

you can start many plants with a single t5 imo
then place them under the mh when ready at a fair distance.
Youll need an fan up high blowing the warmer, used air out.
and youll need a fan down low bringing the new air in. You pretty much
need to be exchanging the air in the room 3 or 4 times in a minute to have proper ventilation. Bad ventilation can result in many problems, like mold.
I would wait on starting anymore, focus on what youve got right now.
Plus plants love having space to breathe, get light from all directions and its just easier to move around in the room. Just throwing some ideas out there
later

if you want to veg with the t5, grab up like 6-42w cfls, and run them with it while vegging. ventilation is your next biggest worry. but don't fret, theres plenty of experienced help here for you.;) :cool: ...

yeah, just start with the 4. have you done a grow indoors yet? most new growers would prefer to 'practice' thier technique with some bag seed, so's not to lose a prize crop on a newbie mistake. but hey, it's your cash...

and, like i said, were here if you run into problems. it's easiest if a problem arises, to post up as much info as you can, and a pic always helps the community to make a visual. cool...

welcome aboard, and happy growing. look forward to seeing your trainwreck.:cool: ...

The ones I have are the mix pack H from green house seeds. check it out.
http://greenhouseseeds.nl/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=40

Also, yes i have one hydro grow with bag seed under my belt. and know more from helping in on a few grows. I am not sure if i am going to do hydro again. what do you think?

I plan on reflecting the room all around and venting. i think i am only doing 3 plants so which 3 strains of what i have would go well together?
the actual demotions are 3.5' x 4' x 7' i am going with a 4 in fan. it seems to be enough from what i have read.

Hi,

Your T5's are more than adequate for young seedlings. Many use T5's for the full veg process but if you have a MH it would be good to switch to that after a couple weeks. OGK mentioned an air cooled hood. Imho that's the most useful weapon in the war on heat in a tight growing space. Just pulling air out of the room and pushing fresh air in won't be enough to cool that space with a 1K MH or HPS... You'll need an air-cooled hood or a cool tube style reflector so that the heat is pulled directly off the bulb before the heat has a chance to build up in your grow room. Also like OGK sez, you'll need a strong inline fan such as a Vortex or an Eclipse brand fan with a rating of around 630cfm to pull the heat out of your grow space and you can exhaust it outside of your grow space. I suggest you go with at least a 6" diameter fan and duct and if you can swing it an 8" fan and duct is a lot more efficient at moving air.

Happy Growing!:cool:

Latest posts

Back