If You Need A Microscope For Trics Check This Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrniceguy

"loose lips sink ships"
Reaction score
i see alot of questions about where to get a good microscope to look at your trics with. i wanted to post this link http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=microscope&origkw=microscope&sr=1
you can get a 60x-100x microscope for about 12 dollars at any radioshack or online at the above link. there are alot of microscopes out there marketed specificaly for checking trics, but i have found that they are generaly overpriced, you can get the exact same product at radioshack for 12 bucks.and radioshack is usally accesible to most people.i hope this helps someone.:) ........oh yeah it also has a light

(im not trying to advertise for radioshack just trying to help my fellow growers;) )

I looked at that one the other day but passed since I had read that no more ten power is recommended for sexing. I haven't had trics to look at yet :D

tokemon said:
I looked at that one the other day but passed since I had read that no more ten power is recommended for sexing. I haven't had trics to look at yet :D

well when you do get trics this is a good microscope to check out, i look at already cured weed with mine, i use it for trics, i use it to sex, and it was only 12-13 dollars:)

I might break down and refi the house so I can score one then :D

yea,them thigns work good,you just need a very steady hand to check them with one,or you have two cut a piece of the leaf off (w/ trichomes on it) and put it on a table to examine em.but yea,definitly worth 12 bucks.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
yea,them thigns work good,you just need a very steady hand to check them with one,or you have two cut a piece of the leaf off (w/ trichomes on it) and put it on a table to examine em.but yea,definitly worth 12 bucks.

like you said a.i.d i usualy cut a piece of leaf off and then look at it ;)

good scope..trichs under 100x leave no doubt....great buy...hell, I went through over $12 in batteries the first week forgetting to turn the thing off! :hairpull:

Smoke on...

I use a jewellers loupe also, you can get them very cheap on ebay etc. The 30X one is best and is great for both sexing and seeing the colour of trichs. I used a 100X microscope and that was the most you would ever need. They were massive!!! :D But a jewellers loupe is handy just for looking at the plant and not having to cut a bit off.

mrniceguy said:
i just thought about it and a mod might want to move this to the harvesting section....just a thought
You smoke marijuana, why are you thinkiing? :ignore:

Thorn said:
I use a jewellers loupe also, you can get them very cheap on ebay etc. The 30X one is best and is great for both sexing and seeing the colour of trichs. I used a 100X microscope and that was the most you would ever need. They were massive!!! :D But a jewellers loupe is handy just for looking at the plant and not having to cut a bit off.

i have a jewlers loupe also.....it is easier than trying to hold the micrscope and focus it, its nice to have both:)

I use the eye piece off my telescope, turned upside down. don't know the power but it works great. feild of view is about 1/16" and trich's look HUGE.
puff

Latest posts

Back