Indica strain of unknown breeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't really say . . . has the fat leaves of indica but with many lobes, looks like a good healthy strain. My own theory is that the smelliest plants are those with about an equal mix of sativa and indica. But to flower after less than 2 months and still while under 24/24??? Maybe it's an auto?

That's what I was wondering. There's really no way to tell other than a repeat performance! I'll more than likely have a few spontaneous seeds to play it all again with I hope...
Just trans'd to 2 gal pots tonight with pure peat around rootbound 1 gal balls and soaked in a weak 10-60-10 nute solution. Should kick some butt now!

Off to bed. c ya.

Oldskool

Plants now 20'' tall and branching profusely. Only have room for 8 in the cab so 3 had to go outside in a hidey hole.
All showing hairy pistils and loving the new legroom. Have taken six clones in water with hormone powder. All doing well without a cover with misting once daily under 12/12 fluoro's. The smell is getting pretty strong now, having to light incense and plug in some air freshners!

One of the 11 is a male. I put him outside in a 55 gal white plastic barrel with the two other females I didn't have room for to pollinate freely with the two females. A menage a trois! Now I have 8 females under light, the tallest being 22". One of the plants has triple branches developing at the meristem. Pics to come.

Hey oldskool-

Nice looking grow you got going. I like your lighting set-up. Do you find your plants stretching at all with the light hitting the underside of the leaves as compared to overhead lighting? No personal experience there but I'm currently playing with some supplemental side lighting and was just curious as I read another post where it was said it causes additional stretch because the plants feel they are competing for light. Thanks.

BBFan.

Thanks! I've been doing it this way for years.
No, actually the plants are extremely bushy.
Internodes throughout vegetative stage were approx. 1/2 inch apart. Granted, they are some sort of Indica strain, afghan, morrocan, etc. but they never did stretch between nodes to more than one node per inch of height.
Pretty good 'eh? Not bad for lousy old fluros...;)

Oh, and I had a total of 13 plants in one gallon pots competing for light in a metal cab painted white on the inside with a limited floorspace of 2 foot by 3 foot, with a six foot ceiling for light adjustment. The fluros are very close to the plant sides, so much so that it's almost impossible to keep the leaves from being in contact with the bulbs.

I'm very pleased with my results so far. I will be borrowing a friends 250 watt HPS light to see how it affects flowering, and if I decide it is worth the investment for the outlay I will probably add one to my system. Guess 'Oldskool' has finally graduated to the 'new age' ;)!
I will still use the fluros for the vegetative stage due to the success I have had over the years with them. One to three sets of leaves per inch during veg is good enough for me brother!

Bummer, my friend brought me an MH instead of a HPS. Oh well. The plants are budding nicely without it anyway. Flowering now 4 weeks. Here's a pic:

GetAttachment[1].jpg

Looking great! Nice colas you're getting there.

Thanks LM. Here's a pic of the best producing plant cola-wise.

Nice cola going.jpg

Day 33 of flower. Buds are tightening up! Lots of trichs on the adjoining fans.
Here's a pic taken 15 min ago:

cola town.jpg

so how you likin' the 'big' light OS?? :)

Hi Hick!
That's a bummer story man...
He brought me a MH not an HPS so I'm not using it.
This is all on 2700 to 3100k fluoros. Eight 4' tubes on the walls and four 26 watt CFL's on top under a homemade reflector.
Not too shabby 'eh? ;)

Tonight I grafted a clone grown in water to the plant that I cleaved a few days ago. Just want to see if it takes. She is a tough ***** that's all I can say...
All my clones are doing well. The ones that I started in sand are doing better than the ones in water. I used 'Shultz's take root' on all and only three out of 60 have kicked the bucket.
I pollinated the poly-looking plant and the solid cola plants with pollen from their brother grown outside. Only the two bottom-most buds on both for seeds.
The 'bonzai' clone in the ashtray is doing great! Looks like a miniature palm tree!
What else...oh I smoked off a bottom bud and it's great. Good Sativa high!
Thinkers dope here fellas. And gals...;)

That's about it today.

OldSkool said:
Hi Hick!
That's a bummer story man...
He brought me a MH not an HPS so I'm not using it.
This is all on 2700 to 3100k fluoros. Eight 4' tubes on the walls and four 26 watt CFL's on top under a homemade reflector.
Not too shabby 'eh? ;)

There is no reason that you cannot use the MH. It could increase your bud production substantially

Really. I thought it was in the wrong end of the spectrum for flowering.
If you think it will help, I'll try it. What can it hurt right? :)

Here's a few new pics from tonight: (sorry 'bout the quality, all I have is a crummy cell phone)

6 wk bud 1.jpg

6 wk bud 2 tri.jpg

big bud at 6 wks flower.jpg

I think I should change the title of my thread to 'Unknown Sativa cross' as they are now on their 9th week of flowering with no end in sight!
I transplanted one on the 7th week to a 4 gal pot and it is busting out all over with new pistils and hairs, bright white with no amber's at all.
I have cleaved 5 of the nine and they show a little improvement with regards to resin production, but nothing to write home about...
The buds on one plant are so white with resin I thought I had a mildew or mold problem at first. Just resin heads so thick you cant see the leaf surface anymore! I hope they finish before Christmas.....I'll post some pics in a while, just finishin din-din. Check back for fresh photos!

Nice buds you have forming there :cool:
I would definitely use the MH bulb too, should fatten those nicely. Keep up the nice work

The Hemp Goddess said:
There is no reason that you cannot use the MH. It could increase your bud production substantially

:yeahthat: :goodposting:

Here I am moving to CMH bulbs, and why, when I already have HPS? Because of the spectrum. I do believe you should get excellent potent bud with the MH lamp. Maybe not so much as with an HPS, but certainly potent.

Latest posts

Back