Indoor growing what to and how to

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chucktaylor21

Reaction score
When using a 600watt HPS light. An putting to of the same strains in a 5 gallon bucket/with 60% pearlight and 40% fox farm soil and advance nutrients package Connoisseur. What would be the advantages and disvantages in growth and yield. When putting 2 of the same strains in a 5 gallon bucket. An what do you suggests

1 pot 1 plant. if ya have issues with one..Hard to fix without harming other. Ive read that its been done so run with it. Make a grow log I would like to watch. okay be good

:48:

advantage would be that they need similar feeding to grow and will grow more uniformly since theyr same strain and 2 plants makes it easier to maintain,
disadvantages, 2 plants only under 600watts means you have to veg for longer than if you had more plants and you need more height since they will grow into trees.
suggestions, grow more plants maybe 4 or 6 plants if possible, make the airflow good, wait between waterings till the soil dries some,
hope this helps :)

i think It will also be a big pain in the a** if one of those plants die late in veg as you will distress the others roots system trying to get it out.

Jst a thoughts.

Using a space of 4 feet wid by 8 feet long.I have 30 plants under 2 high intence 600watt hps bulbs. Light hours for veging would be 24 hours for 2-3 weeks and 12/12 after that. What do you suggest that the perfect climate temp/humidity and ppm's should be in the veg stage and flowering stage. That way the the plants can have rapid growth in veg and massive growth in yield.I'm using 69%pearlight and 40% fox farm soil with advance nutrients Connoisseur package.

What would be the best way to prevent and get rid of spider mites wile plants are young and throughout growth fase and flowering stage.

Hi bud,

Welcome to MP... A 600w is a great choice for a light and you're well on your way to learning lots around here. There are so many ways of growing dank bud and a lot of it depends on your environment and setup and it's impossible for us to go into all the pro's and con's of various grow methods. There are tons of helpful growers who will help you connect the dots but you really need to do lots of reading to get a lot of basic grow knowledge going and then ask for help when something doesn't make sense. There is a treasure trove of grow info on MP...;) Many great growers and come and gone and have left us a wealth of knowledge to learn from. I like to use the advance search feature on Google and search within a website or domain: Marijuanapassion.com If you go to the Google Advanced Search function and type in '600w grow journal' you'll get lots of ideas from growers with 600's in many different situations and get ideas for your grow, etc...

MP doesn't allow live weblinks for security purposes so change the XX to tt...:rolleyes:

hXXp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=600w+grow+journal&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=marijuanapassion.com&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images

Anyhooo... Your soil mix sounds like a LOT of perlite to me unless you really prefer to lean on the nute bottles for your plant's needs. I use closer to a 4:1 or 5:1 ratio FFOF:perlite for Indica dominant strains and I lighten it up a bit for pure sativas but I don't like to feed a lot of nutes and tend to rely more on the organic amendments in the soil. I hope this helps you get some ideas.

Happy Growing!:cool:

As DOS said on your other post that sounds like alot or perilite. Your grow tem in the room should be between 70-75F.

Not sure about the PPM, sorry.

I have seen recently that dissolving aspirin in water and spraying on the plant works to kill them.

Try post questions like this in same thread if the title is the same. People will prefer to write on one thread instead of 3.

Gd luck.

Yea a guy at a hydro shop recomended that saying it will give the root more oxygen because it it kind of pushing it a little to the hydro side. Even though your in dirt... Everone has ther own idea in growing sometimes it's confusing I'm pretty sure I won't put that much perlite it was something I wanted to throw it in the air...

well its always good to be open to new ideas.
just that if you are going to go hydro then the nutes and ppm and Ph changes for either hydro or soil. so mixing the 2 i think could cause some problems.

I'm sure some more experienced member will chime in on this later today.

Gd luck mate

I would recommend 1 plant in 1 pot. Just because they are the same strain does not mean that they will grow the same. Also, what if one is male?

Latest posts

Back