Indoor hydroponics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, a 600W is not too much--I would put a 600W in a 4 x 3 room. More lumens is better. The MOST a 600W will do is 16-18 sq ft. You can put it in a smaller room. I ran a 600W in a 32" x 32" tent last winter and I run a 1000W in a 3 x 6.5' space.

A 4' 4 tube T5 (20,000 lumens) will do you for a 2 x 4 even though it puts you a bit below 3000 lumens per sq ft. If you want to stay at 3000 or more, you can go with a 6 bulb fixture.

but would a 6 tube fixer fit in a 2 x 4space

The Hemp Goddess said:
No, a 600W is not too much--I would put a 600W in a 4 x 3 room. More lumens is better. The MOST a 600W will do is 16-18 sq ft. You can put it in a smaller room. I ran a 600W in a 32" x 32" tent last winter and I run a 1000W in a 3 x 6.5' space.

A 4' 4 tube T5 (20,000 lumens) will do you for a 2 x 4 even though it puts you a bit below 3000 lumens per sq ft. If you want to stay at 3000 or more, you can go with a 6 bulb fixture.

If running dwc, make sure to buy the lids with the built in net pot. Don't cut a hole in the lid and try using a drop in netcup, the plants like to get top heavy and fall over.

Cool temps help dramatically! Get a quality digital ph meter and learn how to calibrate it and use it properly.

Research , research, research!!!

Trillion I am building the whole system but if I can finds lids that are like that I will use the instead

You can put as big as an 8 bulb T5 in a 2x4 space as they are only about 22" wide x 47"long. The 600w HPS is best used in the flowering space while the T5 with the "grow" bulbs is best used for vegging space. Here is the net pot lids that TOA is talking about using: hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/gro-pro-mesh-pot-bucket-lid-10in-p-1592.html
They are made to fit right on top of the 5gal buckets and snap down in place so as to not move when shifting buckets or turning buckets to turn plants.
Remember to change the hxxp back to http when you put it in the browser. :)

Just trying to find a place near me to get it all I would think most hydro stores would have net pots like that

want would be better and/or would both be good Sunburst 400W HPS/MH Convertible or a Sunburst 400W E-Ballast, 120v/HPS/MH

and wat would be better for witch room

Speebballer1813 said:
want would be better and/or would both be good Sunburst 400W HPS/MH Convertible or a Sunburst 400W E-Ballast, 120v/HPS/MH

and wat would be better for witch room

Neither. I wouldn't veg with a MH. I really recommend using T5s to veg. A 6 tube 4' fixture is plenty of light for a 2 x 4 space. I see no reason to get a convertible ballast. I would get a 600W dimmable digital set up with an air coolable hood to flower with. A 400W is not enough light for a 3 x 4 flowering space.

sorry all that i havent been on in a while

but thg i will diffenly think of staying with the 600watt hid

Latest posts

Back