Input on Dayton Blower versus Vortex Inline?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gourmet

Reaction score
I'm looking for an exhaust for my 400 hps light and a suggestion was a vortex inline. I noticed they are 172cfm while a Dayton Blower I can get for 30 bucks cheaper and it is a 273cfm. However, I am wondering if the inline is actually more efficient for drawing heat from the reflector (it is a double shielded Daystar so I would be "sucking" the heat from between the double layers while theoretically air vent on the inside would be drawing air up through the light/reflector.

Would a blower model lose suction due to the design or would it really draw more efficiently due to the higher cfm's?

Don't no about the Dayton but I can tell you about the Vortex, I have a 6 inch 449 cfm's Vortex I use it to cool my 600w HPS threw a cool tube and it works great! It runs fairly quiet the only noise is the large amount of air being exhausted and its also cheap to run its only 85w! I can tell you this that just because a fan says its a certain amount of cfm's doesn't it is I say this because I have a 8 inch inductor fan that say's its 500 cfm's and its not even close to my Vortex Inline fan which is only 449 cfm's!

Phatpharmer

i dont know about dayton but you cant go wrong with a vortex,
keep in mind it has a 10 yr warranty.
i got my 6 inch 2 days ago and i have to nail down my furniture its so powerful.

seems like vortex is the way to go...thanks folks. I have a 400 hps and am thinking about 4" vortex pulling directly from an outside vent in the reflector.

Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back