inputs on growing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
Hello all. Im back again. How has eveyone been. I have been doing alot of vacationing since my last post. I have.some questions, maybe some of u experience growers can help.i have 30 clones i want to grow. 15 are pre 98 bubba kush, and 15 are purple haze. I have a 5x10 area. I have 2 1000w hps. I have ventilation, carbon filter, fox farm nutes with fox farm soil. My question is should i flower all the plants because i would hate to let them go. I souldnt mind doing a sea of green. Also what the yield outcome be. I know that.is a qurstion that is impossible to guess. Any inputs. Thanks alot. Hugs and kisses

The yield might be 1/2 ounce to 4 ounces, mostly depending on how long you let them grow before flowering. There is no specific answer to that question. Unless you have a separate grow room for vegetative area it is all in one way or another.

The area and lights have you set to grow and flower out all the clones that you have. You could do an SOG by allowing them to all grow until there is just a little space between each plant(probably about 10-12"tall plants) and then flip them to 12/12.

The only issues that I see would be the compatibility of the 2 strains growing together. If one grows taller or bushier than the other then it could choke out the plants where the 2 strains come together. The other issue would be reaching all of the plants to water and feed them. That many plants in that size area would be a challenge without an automated watering system (which wouldn't be difficult to set up if you aren't already in a hydro setup). And then there is the challenge of ventilation for that size grow space with 2 1kw lights. It will require a lot of air exchanging.

But it can certainly be done with a solid yeild of probably(just guestimating here) upwards of 1/2oz per plant(dry weight) :) It will take dedication and work though :)

I also see thirty plants in 50 sq feet as being hard to handle. Each plant is going to have a space about 16" x 16". Is there a reason that you are running so many? I would think about 1/2 that many plants would be easier to take care of and give you about the same yield with just a slightly longer veg.

I hear people of getting a gram per watt. How wpuld i be able to achieve that kind of groe.

mslady, you have been growing a while now, what kind of yield did you get before?

Rosebud. I had three grows. They were bag seed but where some really awesome strain. my first grow was one oz for 2 plants. 2nd grow i got one 1/2 oz per plant at 6 ppants. My third grow i got a oz per plant at 8 plants. I am cloning so much to have enough on what i wanna do. I am using 5 gallon pots. I need help with what kind od grow to do to get the best result. This rime i am growing. Pre 98 bubba kush and purple haze.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I also see thirty plants in 50 sq feet as being hard to handle. Each plant is going to have a space about 16" x 16". Is there a reason that you are running so many? I would think about 1/2 that many plants would be easier to take care of and give you about the same yield with just a slightly longer veg.

Hello hempgoddess. For sor reason i love it when u check out my post. I have done 3 grows prior to this. Each grow ive gotten better. lile i said before.i wanna do a 2000w grow. With fox farm nutes. 5 gallon pots. Ventilation carbon filter and reflective panda film. I just would like to know how i should grow these clones i have. I habe been told i can get 2lb from each hps. How tru is that

Thank you, mslady. I love that more and more women are getting more and more growing experience.

While, of course, it is possible to get 2 lbs from a 1000W, not too many get those kind of yields. To get 2 lbs from a 1000W light requires a lot of experience and an incredibly well dialed in environment--keeping everything at optimum. And that means optimum everything--soil mixture, ppms, pH, ventilation, RH, temps, air exchange, etc. It really is not easy to get a gram per watt. I would advise you to not set any expectations and just see how it goes.

While I have not grown either of these strains, Hazes tend to be larger more willowy plants with a longer flowering period. I am thinking that you are going to need to take these to 12/12 while they are quite small to keep from getting your space overcrowded. I personally find it easier to grow fewer larger plants--I would rather have 4 4 oz plants than 16 1 oz plants.

Latest posts

Back