Beginning covert outdoor grow in N.E.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plants are growing good AT

perhaps fourlined plant bug?
did you see any of these around?
IMG_1535.jpeg

are you spraying for bugs?

We have had a lot of rain and a couple of my outside plants have been under water for a couple of days now. It is supposed to be rainfree mostly for the next week so all should be well outside. The Plants in the Greenhouse are doing well. Supplemental lights have been adjusted to match outside daylight hours and double fans going 24 hrs seem to have kept it very nice inside. I should really buy a temp and humidity guage to monitor but I haven't yet. The last pics are of one of the Purple Haze plants that has some nice color. I don't think that this is a deficiency of any sort but open for discussion.

IMG_0197.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0195.jpg
IMG_0196.jpg

Could be all the rain is causing the lighter green growth or it may be they are getting ready to show some flowers. I’m in central Mass and this summer we have had more rain than I have ever seen. A good foot or so in the last 2 weeks. Not that I need to water anything but my town still insists we are in a water emergency…🥸

Could be all the rain is causing the lighter green growth or it may be they are getting ready to show some flowers. I’m in central Mass and this summer we have had more rain than I have ever seen. A good foot or so in the last 2 weeks. Not that I need to water anything but my town still insists we are in a water emergency…🥸
This one plant has showed the color variation all along. So I don't think it's too much rain.

My grow is progressing along well. I lost two outdoor plants to drowning. They were planted in a slight depression in the back row. We have had so much rain over an extended period of time that they never were out of standing water. I chucked them yesterday and removed a section of scaffolding. I have started to pull down on the tallest branches of the greenhouse plants because they will reach the lights and ceiling soon.
IMG_0256.jpg

Added the top section of wire fencing for support. The plants really never move much even in the strongest of winds that we usually get here. Even though it looks like these plants are in pots they are planted directly into the soil. I use the plastic pot with the bottom cut out as a bit of protection.
IMG_0257.jpg

The first into flower is now beginning week 2.
IMG_0259.jpg
IMG_0260.jpg

This is the plant with some kind of issues that I am going to continue to water and feed the same as the others and see what happens.
IMG_0258.jpg

I still have no idea what is going on with this Purple Haze plant. I have another in the last pic that has no resemblance. It is a little shorter but still 5 feet tall. Feeding all greenhouse and outdoor plants with FF trio. Six out of eight plants now in early flower.
IMG_0262.jpg
IMG_0263.jpg
IMG_0264.jpg
IMG_0265.jpg
IMG_0266.jpg
IMG_0267.jpg

I still have no idea what is going on with this Purple Haze plant. I have another in the last pic that has no resemblance. It is a little shorter but still 5 feet tall. Feeding all greenhouse and outdoor plants with FF trio. Six out of eight plants now in early flower.
View attachment 336890
Some serious height on this one - did you do any topping?

Both greenhouse and outdoor plants chucking along. The outside Godfather OG has not started to flower yet and is 7"-10" tall. I am not sure if that is a good sign or not. Will it finish before the first frost, may be the issue.
The strange Purple Haze plant is still producing two different kinds of leaf structures but seems otherwise healthy.
IMG_0280.jpg
IMG_0281.jpg
IMG_0282.jpg
IMG_0283.jpg
IMG_0284.jpg

I am looking for recomendations for supplemental nutrients to add during the flower phase. I am currently only adding cal mag, FF Big Grow and FF Buds and Blooms. 6 out off 8 of my plants are in early flower. Last year I added FF Big Bloom but directions call for a pretty large quanity and its pretty expensive. Looking for a bud nutrient and possibly a hardener (didn't know that existed until I read in one of your posts)

Here is a picture I posted on July 10th of the spots on the top of the leaves.
View attachment 337717
Did you find out the problem and fix it? That looks like the start of yellow leaf spot (Leaf Septoria) which is a fungus. If it is, those marks will eventually go brown and affect the entire leaf which will die off.

Recommend you remove those affected leaves before it spreads further and check your humidity - it may need to be lowered a tad

Last edited:
Hey bro.. what a beautiful setup you have... cannot wait to see some of the Sugar Belts being run in there..
the spotted leaf's look like bugs.. if you look at the leaf up and to the left exposing the backside.. the black dot is a sign of bugs. I'd take off a damaged leaf and scope it out to see..

Sure you'll figure things out... peace

Latest posts

Back