International Oddities

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMorgan1973

NaturalWiccan
Reaction score
Greetings
My name is Denise
I have been an advocate for the legalization of marijuane for many years and an avid smoker for many years. I recently moved a thousand miles from my previous home, and due to my lack of knowing anyone I wanted to try to get something to fulfill my need. I tried herbal potpouri, not quite what I was looking for... so I ordered something from a website called International Oddities... I wanted to share what happened to me with others in hopes that you may avoid the same mistake that I made :cry:

This is the exact copy of the email that I sent to them after I received a tried their product...

"Greetings International Oddities
I ordered your product "Fresh Pack Rolling Kit[SIZE=-2]TM [/SIZE]Krypto bud - $25 per box" not knowing what to expect. I had been an avid smoker of the traditional "Bud" for many years, then I tried some of the Herbal Potpori (my choice was Diablo), which did not have the effect that I liked very much, but did have an effect. I must say that I was very disappointed in the results of the Krypto Bud that I received. While it did look like it said it would look. It had absolutely no "effect".
While I understand that your site did not make any claims of the "effect" that may or may not be obtained... I expected something.
I had even been contomplating becoming an affiliate with my website with over 500 members and the many other sites that I am an active member of if I enjoyed the product myself.
I believed that being so well spoken of by High Times and other advocates for Marijuana that your product would have had some effect.
I was more than prepared to spend a lot of hard earned money on your products.
I would be more than happy to return the remainder of the product back to you in exchange for something that will work or a refund of some kind as I have no intention of smoking any more of the product that I received.
Please let me know what I can to do remedy this situation or to obtain a product that will have at least a minimal effect.
Sincerely,
Denise
Unsatisfied customer"

This was the reply I received

Dear Denise

As clearly stated in the headline of our current
advertising, there are no refunds or returns due
to the unique and rare nature of our products -
all sales are final - for further information
please refer to the terms and conditions of the website.

"Light up your Life" at internationaloddities.com
Regards,

Customer Service
International Oddities

I cannot believe how little care they have for people who spend hard earned money on their products... I even tried to look at some reviews off of their website... :mad:

I hope I can save someone else the same loss of money any time that I went through... if anyone has an alternative that works for you PLEASE let me know.

Blessings
Denise

I just wanted to say that I am not one to take things sitting down
I have already emailed High Times and NORML regaurding the business practices of this orgainzation and the affiliation with their organizations.
If enough of us stand up against practices like this... reputable organization such as High Times and NORML who work very hard to get the word out will stop them from pasting their names on their websites and prevent people from believing that they may be a reputable source because of their affiliation with such organizations

I seriously hope that pic in your Avatar is not you....It's unsafe to reveal your identity online. Welcome to MP and learn to grow your own and you won't hve to deal with crap like that.

Hamster Lewis said:
I seriously hope that pic in your Avatar is not you....It's unsafe to reveal your identity online. Welcome to MP and learn to grow your own and you won't hve to deal with crap like that.

Ya , All of that:yeahthat: sounds like a on-line Drug dealer just burning people, sorry you got taken.

Greetings Puffin and all who have replied.
I know that High Times still has them linked to their website and I have written to them as well as I am still appauled by them and hope to share with any who may try them.
I looked even more since my bad experience and I am no the only one (obviously) that hasnt gotten anything from the experience.
I havent had any real stuff in over a month and my desperate situation got the better of me.
I should have known better

PuffinNugs said:
i had a subscription this last year, not one ad in tehre for them any more, few years ago it was like every other page.

im done with hightimes myelf, there magazine is full of misinformation and im pretty sure alot of it is just paid advertisments trying to hide as articles.

i wont be getting anymore.

just another 'rag' w/ $$ priorities..:confused2:

PuffinNugs said:
high times no longer adversties them in the magazines. they did for years but everyone knew the stuff was crap.
When did they stop? I haven't read a new HT for at least a year, but I thought International Oddities was one of their biggest advertisers. I think they sell stuff to kids who know the looks and names of real pot but have no way to buy real pot.

The practice is quite common and is not limited to MJ....when I was big into body building I wld see ads in the muscle mags for all kinds of " supplements" that were deliberately named just like illegal steroids and touted that they were just as good if not better. As long as there are illegal substances there will be people who pray on those people looking for those substances. Jmo

International Oddities tries to say that they are not trying to say that any of there stuff will "get you high" but as you have posted all of there stuff is named after all sorts of pot... and looks like pot. It is enough to really aggrivate people. I could go on all day.
I would like to start growing myself and have tried a couple of times, but unfortunately my thumbs are not green at all. I ended up with some leafy sticks LOL.
Now I am probably in a great place to grow, but I am living on my dad';s property and until they either legalize it or decriminalizeit in TN I dont think I'll be growing any time soon. :(
I do hope to find a reliable source at some point and hope that I dont give up entirely by that point.

I do have a question that somebody may be able to answer...
Does marijuana repress dreams?
I ask this because up until about a month ago I was a very regular smoker for about 8 years daily multiple times a day and during that time I really didnt dream or at least didnt remember them. Recently, over the past couple of weeks I have been having all sorts of dreams.
Opinions welcome and desired

DMorgan1973 said:
Now I am probably in a great place to grow, but I am living on my dad';s property and until they either legalize it or decriminalizeit in TN I dont think I'll be growing any time soon. :(
I do hope to find a reliable source at some point and hope that I dont give up entirely by that point.

I do have a question that somebody may be able to answer...
Does marijuana repress dreams?
I ask this because up until about a month ago I was a very regular smoker for about 8 years daily multiple times a day and during that time I really didnt dream or at least didnt remember them. Recently, over the past couple of weeks I have been having all sorts of dreams.
Opinions welcome and desired

I commend you on not growing on your Dads property....it's nice to hear someone care about the other person(s) you wld be putting at risk.

As for the dreams from my own experience I wld say smoking MJ probably hurts the chances of you remembering your dreams but you do dream....we need to dream or we wld go crazy....for real.:D I know I dream but I can very seldom remember anything other then I had a dream or two. Then when the wife and I went away to a wedding in Texas we didn't smoke for like 7 days and by day 5 I was having and remembering vivid dreams. When we started smoking regularly again it felt like we stopped dreaming.

Hamster Lewis said:
I commend you on not growing on your Dads property....it's nice to hear someone care about the other person(s) you wld be putting at risk.

As for the dreams from my own experience I wld say smoking MJ probably hurts the chances of you remembering your dreams but you do dream....we need to dream or we wld go crazy....for real.:D I know I dream but I can very seldom remember anything other then I had a dream or two. Then when the wife and I went away to a wedding in Texas we didn't smoke for like 7 days and by day 5 I was having and remembering vivid dreams. When we started smoking regularly again it felt like we stopped dreaming.

I think I prefer not dreaming :(
Thank you for your honest answer and the compliment.
My daddy is 64 years old and I wouldnt think of putting him at risk. I also wish that more people would take other people into consideration when they make decisions.. I think the world would be a much better place :)

Um....wouldn't seling something with.......um effect be illegal??????????????

I'm a daily (all day most days) smoker and I do dream--vivid dreams that I do remember. Actually everyone dreams, some just don't remember them.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm a daily (all day most days) smoker and I do dream--vivid dreams that I do remember. Actually everyone dreams, some just don't remember them.

Are you dreaming right now..........stoner!:stoned: :stoned: :stoned: :laugh:

Latest posts

Back