is it ok to use natural light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua

Reaction score
i have 4 plants on my windowsill and they seem to be growing good, but incredibly slow. i live in eastern washington and it has been cloudy for a week.do they only grow good with a grow light or sun? they are appx 1 month old and hove 2 pairs of leaves. any advice?

brow i got 2 weeks old plants with 2 sets of leafs
get your self somr CFL and then go for it it not going to cost you more than 5 extra buck a month

o yaa plus in veg stage the lowest i ever go is 15 hours of light i doubht you got sun for 15 hours

At this time of year the sun isn't enough for plant growth. One more reason besides the cold temps that plants go dormant this time of year. Like brouli stated "get some inexpensive CFL's with the daylight spectrum for veg growth. You will see a drastic improvement in growth. Wally World will have these for approx. $4-5 each. Remember 3000 lumens p/sq ft if at all possible.

newgreenthumb said:
At this time of year the sun isn't enough for plant growth. One more reason besides the cold temps that plants go dormant this time of year. Like brouli stated "get some inexpensive CFL's with the daylight spectrum for veg growth. You will see a drastic improvement in growth. Wally World will have these for approx. $4-5 each. Remember 3000 lumens p/sq ft if at all possible.

Perfect advice, also get a -two way- light bulb splitter, I'd spend about 30-40 bucks on lights. get two shop light reflectors and four bulbs, and start new seeds. ;) the one you have is probably beyond repair.

Latest posts

Back