Is it possible...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchick832

Reaction score
to keep a "mom" plant outdoors?

By "mom" I mean one that doesn't flower and you just cut from to take your flowering plants. My initial thought is no, but I've been told that it is possible.

I would think that weather and light is of course a factor, but I've been told that you can veg outdoors and keep a plant from flowering...

Does anyone know how this is done?

~Metalchick

Does anyone know how this is done?
I've never done it but i'm guessing artificial light at night. Maybe like a security mh at night. Just a guess though:D.

I had thought of that. But what about changing seasons? Winter weather and such will create unfavorable conditions. I'm hoping to have all of my plants done by the time the first cold snap comes through, but you never know. If they are not done I'll just bring them inside.

~Metalchick

Oooooh...no you can't keep a mother outside year round.

That's what I thought. No further questions!

LOL!

~Metalchick

Changing conditions and natural 12/12 light will naturally force flowering.
As bombapuffa says. A light to trick it into thinking its still summer.
Problem is.. The Light outside may be a security issue for you. Also unbalanced light timings during a time when it is normally due to flower natures way can cause stress.. You could end up forcing A hermaphrodite. Or even a male!! Have you sexed this plant from a cutting??

Option 1.
Bring inside and change it into an indoor grow!! Remember these plants are annuals so generally are meant to last a year. But I have heard of people keeping them alive for longer

option 2.
Flower it and enjoy it. You can always take new cuttings from your other cuttings when thay are bigger!!

Nico

Latest posts

Back