is strange

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes less than 2-weeks for a cutting in water to show sex. IME.
I am fully against re-vegging. I'm also against 36-hr. darkness.
Please let me explain before a full front assault.
The entire purpose of ID growing is to "replicate" the OD envirnoment.
Now with ID growing things happen much faster than OD.(Hydro even faster) but I do beleive that certain "traits" such as flavor and aroma are lost if the process is sped up too fast. Most articles I've read is that to truly see the potential of a plant it must have the full spectrum of the sun and a full growing season with a perfectly organically amended soil.
but I will agree using a cutting from the orignal donor IS much easier to control than the seed donor.
but as far as Re-vegging and "extended" darkness this is "unatural" and to me Mother nature worked a long time to get things the way they are. Every time man-kind tries to monkey with it the end-product is not as good as what ole mother nature woulda produced. but this is "my humble opinion". To me stressing the plant less is better and too much darkness or re-vegging=stress
Last opinon then I'm out. It takes patience to "establish" a donor. takes a lot of seed starts and an extra month outa growing time. but it is worth it IMO. unless a novelty grower. Establish a healthy donor is worth several harvests oppossed to one in a hurry. buy the schwagg and bear through it till its time. It will be worth it in the end. IMHO.
So no more buggerin please. that just doesn't sound "comfortable". :p

heyo mutt; i agree that ANYTHING ya do to an indoor plant is messin with nature. unless ya got them growing under a skylight amd open courtyard. if ya judge 1 aspect of indoor human maniplulation of mother nature then ALL aspects are questionable. even clones. i believe that any method is great as long as it has proven to work. i grew sativa for 10 years = total 13 week average. sativas can take up to 3 weeks to show preflower. on the same 4 strains ak-47, white russian, white rhino and blueberry that i had case notes on; with the 36 hour trick, i showed preflower in the first week over 13 - 20 days. i do not like comments like i do not believe in something - but i've never tried it, but this is just my opinion. opinion of what? nothing should have been offered in the first place if ya havent had the experience. i try anything once and then choose what works best for me and my set up. i have water cloned before and accidently regrew a male. testing on the plant itself - no mistakes. and clipping the "clone size" growth off is the same as takin the clone. and if i went to 12/12 then i need a separate place for a clone and irish dont have this, nor does want to wait another week or more.

oh and the taste, aroma and potency of all 4 strains were the same. 36 hours of dark is just 1 light cycle missed of 12 hours. no more stressful then 3 days of rain = overwater or getting attacked by spidermites. this is what B1 or thrive is for = stress. IMO sorry but this is 1 method that i personally have proven to be better then mother nature in growing time. and then my findings were agreed to by a master botanist and several ariculturists who told me that this is a common trick they use all the time on lots of FOOD crops. i dont like using molasses but this does not mean i have not tried it. my bud put 8 oz. in his res and watered, in 3 days most of his crop had fallen over from the added weight. man we had strings and stakes everywhere. i used 2 oz in 14 gal. no problem but the finished bud was gooey to handle - yuck.

and this is experience talkin but i respect yer options of growing; there are many ways of doing it right - no assault here my friend.

irish emailed me the way he wants to do it - i said makes sense - do it. its not fully my way but sound judgement and happy growing. his own choice not mine or any1 elses - possibly a combo.

Does he have established clones of "each" plant "labeled" and rooted?...and only one?...

Let's all work with the same information here.

A single cfl in a cupboard is "more than enough" light to sex 10 cuttings in cups. He doesn't need a seperate "room".

i do not like comments like i do not believe in something - but i've never tried it, but this is just my opinion.
Don't twist my words or miquote me I don't like some of your "words" either.
I have done the 36 hr darkness, that is what I said before, that is why I discounted it. I saw no "significant" decrease in flowering times.(also what I said before) As my "case notes" show. If they "showed" preflowers a day or two sooner, I didn't say. It wasn't a concern. I had "established, rooted, labeled" clones to work with, and was more concerned with the final outcome and selection of the best donor, than possibly saving a day or two establishing sex.

Hurry, hurry, hurry...rush, rush, rush. Typical commercial mentality. No offense.

this is the last post hick - irish has made his choice and moved on, thxs fer yer imput and im moving on. i saved 2 weeks on my MEDICAL SATIVAS as i was only 1 of 4 growers serving a population of over 40,000 people in the prevention of pain by suppling MJ relief. im not twisting any1's words here just stating a general opinion. it worked fer me, so i use it. even on my indicas now. i have memory issues therefore i make notes and i have grow diaries so that others can poke fun at me and my words all they want. i suggest that ya pm irish and give him the answer he requested on fleuro's as i dont use them, with my gratitude. and thxs mutt, fer yer imput, always like the way ya think, my friend.

So we leave him rushed into flowering with no rooted clones to choose a mother from?...
you said you like to debate things and thats what we are doin........right?

Astra, it's obvious our agendas are different. Mine being the ability to further propogate the strain from the best possible donor through observation and selection, without revegging, AND for my own personal use. Thus, I want only the best. "That" is the purpose of haveing "labeled, rooted" clones waiting in the wings before induceing flowering.
If I read your response correctly, you're trying to supply a population of 10,000 medical users...?
"Quite" a task...
i have memory issues
...that comes with the territory..IMHO.
I make notes on all of my grows. At one point, I thought to stop. But I forgot.

ive never tried either of those methods and value both of your opinions....but im gonna have to say hicks procedure makes more sence....less hassles and lower chance of stress. but really with all that dickin around, id just do the old fashioned way....get rid of the two males when they expose themselves. Otherwise too many plants around that are really not needed...and will also count as 2000 buks at 2 inches if busted. Not saying that will happen...but ..the "what if" enters my mind now and again

no hick, i do it like you too but irish has his own way; thats why i said to PM him if you wish to and discuss the cfu's ect...

there are 4 medical mj growers and we supply 2 doctors, 4 pasters, 2 health care nurses and 2 compassion clubs with finished product. our stuff was and is in high demand. but now we have set them up with grows of their own and gone out of sativas. but at the time saving 2 weeks was a great need.

Latest posts

Back