Is there a way?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
city said:
ok i see what you are talking about. that is a DWC that is running 2 plants thru veg. thats it.
it has an inner wall structure with a screen in between ti keep a major portion of the roots from making it thru.
thats it.
to me that is more flash than practicality.
2 pots with net baskets would be easier to do water changes and no need to change systems for flower cycle

but why would they have to change systems for flowering? i don't see why they would need to?

In reality you don't.....
IMHO this is just a veg tank. You can keep putting plant is here to veg while you take the old ones out to flower. Perpetual grow.
If you start 2 plants from seed or use clones and don't know if the donor plant is a male. This will work well so that you can pull them and put em into flower, find out if boy or girl.
When you run this straight thru both cycles the roots will clog the screen and tangle together.
If you have on plant turn into a male or hermie.. well then ytour screwed. Roots are tangled screen is clogged and your killing 2 plants instead of one,.
Check out hemp goddess's scrog link in her sig. She built a double dwc with a support stand. You don't have to build the screen for the scrog.
Just think about it.
I personally do dwc in netted pots. I use 2.5 gal buckets for my veg. Then transfer to 5 gal pots after the 3rd week of flower cause they are using so much more water.
This system would be a pain to do water changes in flower. You would have to top the tub off. For most of it water just to save your back.
If you want that type of system for both,just invest in a waterfarm or do dwc in buckets...

Thanks for the link, but :confused: I see no benefit of any kind to doing that. He used 2 containers and went to a lot of work for no reason :confused:

Thnx for all the replies. Im just trying to learn all i can before i get invested. This will be my first gro and i really want to go dwc instead of soil. Ive got another idea i havent found a post about. Suppose you took like 6" dia. pvc pipes and made them say 1.5'. Now this is for dwc so no one is confused. Would there be enough room for root growth?

xxdjbud420xx said:
Thnx for all the replies. Im just trying to learn all i can before i get invested. This will be my first gro and i really want to go dwc instead of soil. Ive got another idea i havent found a post about. Suppose you took like 6" dia. pvc pipes and made them say 1.5'. Now this is for dwc so no one is confused. Would there be enough room for root growth?

Actually, 4 or 6" PVC pipe or PVC fence posts are commonly used to make a system (though not a DWC). Google PVC pipe hydroponic system--you will come up with a lot of info. I think these are better suited go SOG type grows.

Or, were you talking about something like this (which actually is a DWC)?

ccf00152008_00000 (2).jpg

The Hemp Goddess said:
Thanks for the link, but :confused: I see no benefit of any kind to doing that. He used 2 containers and went to a lot of work for no reason :confused:

yeah, again, i dunno. it just sounded like what he was looking for. it's just another persons way of doing something.

Thanks Goddess. I dont have much time to do alot of researching. Thats why I use this place. Ask a question and come back later and its answered. Yall my b&*tches. lol so just kiddin. Na the people here are pretty awsome. But thats almost as I had invisioned it. Thnx again!

I just noticed something while I was lookin at that diagram. I used to do alot of diving with a hooka style breathing apparatus. One compressor, two hoses for air. Anyways, I noticed that the airlines were coming from the top instead of the bottom. I know its harder to pump air down. We all know bubbles go up. What im gettin at is you might get better results from your pump if using a small one to make your airlines go thru the bottom. Then the pump wont be working against the air trying to come up. But again if your using some super pump where you know you have plenty of power i dont see ne problems. It might lengthen the life of your pump.

xxdjbud420xx said:
I just noticed something while I was lookin at that diagram. I used to do alot of diving with a hooka style breathing apparatus. One compressor, two hoses for air. Anyways, I noticed that the airlines were coming from the top instead of the bottom. I know its harder to pump air down. We all know bubbles go up. What im gettin at is you might get better results from your pump if using a small one to make your airlines go thru the bottom. Then the pump wont be working against the air trying to come up. But again if your using some super pump where you know you have plenty of power i dont see ne problems. It might lengthen the life of your pump.
yes that would be easier in theory. but you would have to get checks put into your airlines otherwise the pressure of the water coming back would negate any of that and you would still be doing the same as when you ran the hose threw the water..
the nice thing is .with DWC your air never stops so you dont have the pressure problem once the air starts

Latest posts

Back