Jiffy Pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatttup

Reaction score
About to transport my seedlings which have been grown for 7 days now into a 4 inch pot...

I have them in separte jiffy pots...

do you guys know if I can just Put the jiffy pots in as a whole or do I cut them out or something?

If I cut them out, how do i do this without the soil breaking apart? Wet or dry?

thanks!

just stick them in the soil :) If the roots grew through the pot, then the plants are ready for transplant

Harvest while the soil is wet in both the jiffy pot and the pot your transplanting in, just carefully cut down the jiffy pot and hold the plant by the bundle of dirt as if it was a softball. oh yeah and make sure you already have the hole in the bigger pot's soil before you start then transplant lol. its quite easy.

myself.. I just transport them to the soils.. its kinda hassle to spread the spongs out and kill some roots.. it hurts the greens.. If I did rip the roots off I said ARRRGGGHH i feel that pains.. damnit..

transplant it to soils would be better.. btw that jiffy is surely moist which is good for roots/soils..

whatttup said:
About to transport my seedlings which have been grown for 7 days now into a 4 inch pot...

I have them in separate jiffy pots...

do you guys know if I can just Put the jiffy pots in as a whole or do I cut them out or something?

If I cut them out, how do i do this without the soil breaking apart? Wet or dry?

thanks!
First off brother,Jiffy pots you have to watch,they are very unclean(alot of foreign bodies),and the roots alot of times has a problem breaking threw the pots.Now that you are using them.Make sure you score the out sides of the pots very well with a knife or razor,that will help let the roots out of the pots.But,if I may suggest is to,just take them out of the jiffy pots,transplant and never look back at jiffy pots again.Hope this helps and Keep it GREEN:D

Latest posts

Back