Just for fun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Real78

Reaction score
I was on the web just watching some videos with nothing to do and one guy said he harvest every two weeks. He didn’t say how much he harvest but I am guessing enough, my question is how many plants would you need to be able to harvest say 4 once every two weeks? I was doing a search to see if I could find something but it is getting late and more heads is better then one.

Most people can get a once per plant sometimes more depending on the person. Lets just say one once per plant just to make things easier. Well got to go laptop is about to die and I have to get ready for bed.

I'm Going To Say You Would Need 8 To 10 Plants To Get 4oz Every Two Weeks, With A Strain That Harvest At A 65 Day Flower Period, You Would Need Around 60 Plants That Were On The Two Week Rotation Stagger Flowering, So Say 10 Have Made There Way To Harvest, You Would Need To Have 10 Clones To Go In There Place To Start It All Again, So If You Were Going To Veg The Clones Any Before Going Into Flower ??? This Will Have Already Been Done. So When You Start A New 10 Flowering There Will Be 10 That Were At 14 Day's 10 At 28 Day's 10 At 42 Day's 10 At 56 Day's And 10 That Will Harvest At 65 Day's, With That Said You Would Need The Same Kinda Stagger In Your Cloning & Vegging..
You Would Have It Going On...

Have you got a separate veg and flower space?

It is really impossible to tell you how many plants you would need--way too many variables. How long do you plan to veg them? What strain are you running? I run a perpetual harvest, but I let my girls do a good bit of veg before they go into the flowering room.

If you have an 8 week flowering strain and you can get 2 ounces per plant, you will need 8-10 plants in your flowering room all the time. You would rotate 2 new plants into the area when you harvested 2. If you get 1 oz per plant, you need more plants--16-20. If you get 4 ozs per plant you need less--4-5. It is all dependent on your individual plant yield

THG, I would also guess sea of green could come into play to get more out of three to four plants as well. Topping off the plants would also help to obtain a higher yield. I was thinking of using OG Kush and WW for strains. My brother was looking into it and asked me if it could be done, which I know it could be done but how it would be done is what I was unsure about.

keep in mind perpetual growing means a lot more messing with feedings and stuff too eh (especially if we're talking many groups of different types of plants at different stages of growth)
because they're not all going to be on the same feed schedule/needing the same things.

i guess that all depends on what you use for feed though. but just thought i'd mention it.
mixing something for these guys, then something else for those guys etc, can get old fast. (i've only done 2 groups, can't imagine doing like 6 all at different stages.)

Real78 said:
THG, I would also guess sea of green could come into play to get more out of three to four plants as well. Topping off the plants would also help to obtain a higher yield. I was thinking of using OG Kush and WW for strains. My brother was looking into it and asked me if it could be done, which I know it could be done but how it would be done is what I was unsure about.

I think you mean scrog (screen of green), rather than sog (sea of green). A SOG is a bunch of small plants (usually single cola) that are flowered with very little veg time.

Your brother wondered if it could be done? What is it?

Oh meaning every two weeks. I am not going to do that I told him he is on his own with that one. That would be way to much work fro me to do.

Latest posts

Back