just starting any one help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever. Before you go criticizing others maybe you should read through the forums a bit. How about you click on my nick and take a look at all the people I have helped. I don't help those that won't help themselves. Your question tells me you have done no research whatsoever. Do you plan on going hydro or dirt? NFT, Aeroponics, a hybrid of couple systems? What are you goals? What can you afford? What type of plants do you plan on growing? etc etc etc.....

Just for arguments sake lets say you were a mechanic. Now if I came up to you and asked you to tell me how to fix my car but told you that you weren't allowed to look at it, touch it, hear it, or drive it and I didn't describe the problem I was having what would you say to me? No imagine that same thing happening 50 times a day. Think you might get a bit frustrated?

You want the number one thing you need to successfully grow your own MJ? I'll tell you the secret. Its knowledge, so instead of wasting your time telling me about how I'm such a big meanie who doesn't want to help people why don't you go and read a book on growing? Or read ALL of the stickies here? Or why not buy or download a video about growing and watch it? Or would you prefer someone just came to your house and set up everything for you? They could even take care of the plants for you once they sprouted. I'm sure they would even smoke it for you and tell you all about the experience. Or perhaps you would prefer to learn and experiment and do it yourself minus the hand holding and when you sit down and take that first toke you can be proud of what you've accomplished.

In the end its up to you, the more you put in the more you get out, period.

I have a 3x4 grow area and last time I was able to grow 7 plants ( I had 10 but gave away 3 because of over-crowding. At any rate I ended up with a little over 10 ounces. However, the draw back was the inability to transplant more than twice into larger pots for the lack of space. If I would have had fewer plants in larger pots they would have been healthier. Presently I'm doing 5 plants in 4 gallon pots; I haven't sexed them yet.

If you use fluoros they'll work nicely. You want to try for 35 watts per sq. foot, or 3000-5000 lumens per sq. foot. I have one 400 watt metal halide lamp and that gives about 33 watts per sq. foot. However, I only have about 2500 lumens per sq. foot and it seems to work well enough. Read about watts and lumens per sq. foot.

From my limited experience, I'd say use fluoros, they work well (providing you have enough of them), and are easy to use for healthy plants. My very first grow was done from beginning to end with fluoros with very nice results and healthy plants. I had 3 plants that yielded about 5 ounces. Yeah, IMO fluoros are a great way for a first time grow.

As far as bag seeds go, I've had excellent results with bag seeds. For this grow on the other hand, I'm using seeds that I bought online. It's nice to know what it is you're growing, but it isn't necessary. With bag seeds you might not know exactly what it is you're growing, but you do know if you like the stuff you're smoking. For a first time grow I'd use bag seeds.

mine is close to the same, i'd say get an MH/HPS conversion ballast and get both bulbs, the metal halide helps with veg, and they love hps for flowering. you'll find alot of help here- look for what kind of strains fit your needs and space. put one in the air for ya'

for about 4 weeks now ivgot my self a nice plant going i started off with 18hrs flurs lights its about 1ft tall now with about 12 nodes/stems coming off the main stem but iv just got my self a hps light which iv had on for a few days now at 17hrs its about 20inch away from the top of the plant and i can keep my hand there with out getting too hot and iv got a constant fan on it iv got a few books and dvds to help me but some of it is just confuseing me but the past couple of weeks it looks abit faint in coulor around the edges and a couple of leaves have curled up i noticed the fringes curlin so i raised the light and put fan closer but still same will they mend? and a couple of stems near top have got like a redish coulor on top of the stem any ideas :holysheep:

:postpicsworthless:

LOL. Looks like you have the "lights" situation taken care of :D . And it also looks like you've done more research to help yourself out. That's the best/right way to start!

Have you fed it any nutrients/fertalizers? What's the PH of the soil? Where did you get your seeds? Do you know what strain you have?

hold them thoughts for a couple of days i just went to check temp in there my lights were still on what a pilock the other day i was sorting my electrics out and knocked timer on to constent me think it may be light and heat stress will give it a couple of days see how we go what a div i feel

iv got some pretty good pics for you all but cant get them on here dont know why will keep trying

Latest posts

Back