KBOMB - 1st Grow 07

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KBOMB

Reaction score
Well here we go pplz, buuuut... before is start i really need to say thanks to all of you. Without the input from all of you in here i could never have thought it was so easy.

Materials, light and fans consisted of -
600w HPS Phillips with Adjust Shade MKII and Ballast: $175
White reflective plastic (thicker piece for the floor): $80
Digital timers x3 (good brand): $60
200mm Bathroom fans x2: $35
Pedistal Fan : $20
Growrite A+B, Budrite A+B, Perlite and PH Tester: $40
Timber, Duct and Tape: $40

The room itself is 1.6m x 1.6m x 2.5mh, Timber frame, as per a normal stud wall and some really thin ply wood on the outside and, flully linned inside with the white plastic.

Pic1 - is a floor plan of the room and the layout.
Pic2 - is a panoramic view of the room standing infront of the window looking back.
Pic3 - is a pic from the hallway looking into the bedroom, at the grow room. The white door on the left is the closet door i used as the grow room door. Air intake is on the bottom right.
Pic4 - shows the ducting inside the room taking the Air around the grow space.
Pic5 - Is a pic standing at the grow room door looking in.

Now thats enough about the room.
Lets get onto the plants...!

plan.JPG

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

pic4.JPG

pic5.JPG

Ok, the plants....
Aquired 4 sorry looking clones no roots of a random but really skunky strain. 2 of them looked really bad so i gave my love to the best of them.

Ill make this more of a picture journal; away we go...
(All following pics are timed from when i put them in the room.)

Pic1 - 12 days in the room on 18/6 Light, 600- 700ppm Nutes (considering aborting grow mission).
Pic2 - 13 days veg, walked in to kill them... for some reason it kinda looked at me and asked for another chance.
Pic3 - 15 days veg, as you can see i was kinda happy i didnt kill it but i got excited and incresed it to 1400ppm and gave it burn.
Pic3 - 20 days Veg, burn all gone.
Pic4 - 21 Days veg
Pic5 - 23 Days veg 15"
Pic1 - 24 Days veg 18" Tall
Pic2 - 28 Days veg 21" Tall
Pic3 - 30 Days veg, Hps off so i can show you the colour of it. (underwatered plant)
Pic4 - 31 Days veg 24" Tall

Cont.....

12days Veg.JPG

13days Veg.JPG

15days Veg.JPG

20days Veg.JPG

21days Veg.JPG

23days Veg.JPG

24days Veg.JPG

28days veg.JPG

30days veg.JPG

31days veg.JPG

Pic5 - 32 Days Veg, started to tie it down
Pic6 - 35 Days Veg 30" Tall
(they are girls for sure :D)
Well the smell was really strong today. Looking into an air purifier. (I cant post a link) Will an Ionmax 380 help reduce a smell? Ive been looking at it cause it only uses 10w and has no filter.

Cheers KBOMB

32days veg.JPG

35days veg.JPG

Looks likes you have done this before. Keep up the good work and you will be smoking fatty buds very soon.

Thanks B'Buds :), my 1st grow and lovin it. The thought of my own fattys makes me get excited. Been a while since I got some really cranked up good tasting gear.

I have flushed the last 2 days and also starved it for the last 24 hours before i give it another run on the nutes.
Turning them over on the weekend but some of the fan leaves are huge and blocking light from bud sites. Im thinking it will really get rockin if i cut a few of them off and re-tie it. I understand they act as solar panels but its pretty bushy as it is. Should i trim it?

Any feed back would be great.
Regards
Kbomb.

Well i went ahead, trimed her up and re-tied her back down. I drilled some small holes in the top lip of my pot and bent about 20 hooks out of a coat hanger. I then attached a piece of string to the hooks and put that in the newly drilled holes. Worked like a treat, no more small annoying knots and the plant can grow freely (pic 3).

Cheers
Kbomb...

38days veg.JPG

38days veg 2.JPG

38days veg 3.JPG

excellent work.. like christmas trees.. with real presents :)

420check420 said:
are those potted up in straight perlite?
Yep, 100% premium. lol, isnt that right?
I hand water ever 4-6 hours, about 300ml of 1400ppm solution. I have drilled 8 holes about 1.5inches above the bottom of the pots so i cant over water. I stick a surringe in the hole and draw it back, if its dry it needs a water. when i can draw liquid i make sure to ph test it.

Cheers
Kbomb

(PS:- For those who clicked on the pics before, i have now made some, and will make all future ones bigger. :D)

feed 3.JPG

feed 1.JPG

feed 2.JPG

Im really considering changing the timer to 12/12 on Sunday making it 42 days veg. From what I have read and heard about, she going to gain a fair bit of size in the flower stage. I thought trimming it the other day might keep it neat but all it did was make it fill out. LOL!

3 things im going to change for the next grow to make life easier.
1 - Change to premium grow wool.
2 - Bigger pots
3 - Auto feeder

Cheers....
Kbomb

41days veg 1.JPG

41days veg 2.JPG

Most of these leaves are on the same level but i thought i would run it past you guys. What is this rusty lookin stuff on my leaves? This one has the least of it, but was the best pic. About 10 leaves are affected.

Any and all help would be great! :)
Cheers...
Kbomb

41days veg Sick.JPG

Hi all,

Im flippin them tomorrow, i also took 15 clones yesterday and they are all still standing so i think they should be rockin as well. Im going to grow them under a fluro for a bit and decide if im going to make a veg room. You can see my new army in the background :D... i dont know y i took so many, but its growing like mad and i took most of them from the bottom where it gets little light, and wouldnt be much bud anyway. I could probably get another 20 - 50 and still not affect my yeild all that much. :)

Cheers....
Kbomb

45 days veg 1.JPG

45days veg 2.JPG

45days veg 3.JPG

Real interesting growing method, the perlite, etc.- the plants are fantastic so it must work. I'm gonna watch this thread to see how they grow up & graduate.

Well i flipped it to flower yesterday. Today when i walked in to take my pics the bud sites are really pronounced and a lighter colour.
I did have a couple of issues, droopy leaves and discolouration on some of the lager fan leaves. Since then, with an understanding that the larger foliar leaves arnt needed during the flower stage, i have trimed them, and now its heaps neater, and the lower bud sites can get light.

And btw, that plant on the left in pic2 got a hard start to life and it was my "experimental plant". I actually broke it and just shoved it up on the wall, in the last week the thing has gone crazy! :D

Help if you can plz, the tips of my leaves for the last 2 weeks are starting to get very light coloured, close to white. It should show in the following pics. Is this ok? Or what can i do to fix it?

Cheers...
KOMB..

2days flower 49days.JPG

2days flower 49days 1.JPG

2days flower 49days 2.JPG

really interesting grow, i think this is the first all perlite grow i have seen ever. really nice dude. well im drunk, and its 3am... nice grow man

Thanks.

Well i have figured out a floor in my system.
The plants want to probably feed some time in the 12hours the lights are off but i cant breach the rooms total darkness curfew! :eek:
Im going to get really ripped tomorrow, sit in there, and just have a good think about the solution to this problem.... Ill keep yaz posted.

Kbomb..

Sup all,

Still growing at 1 inch per day :D, but i havent figured out how to feed them in the 12hour off time Yet.
Im getting attached to them as well... already thinking about how im going to bring myself to cut them up. This is going to be like homer eating his pet lobster. :p

Cheers...
Kbomb..

4days flower 51days.JPG

4days flower 51days 1.JPG

Latest posts

Back