keeping clones in clone state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P. BLAZUH

Reaction score
How long can YOU keep clones in the phase of just rooting not veging

P. BLAZUH said:
How long can YOU keep clones in the phase of just rooting not veging
By using plain water with no nutrients and using a quality rooting hormone and keeping the clones small with only a few leaves, you can keep them in a rooting stage until a nice set of roots have grown.

After that point, they are ready for planting and putting into a vegetative state.

You could probably extend the rooting stage by depriving the plant of nutrients, but it may also affect the condition of the plant. What you see is not always what you get....later.

Why would you want to keep them in the rooting stage for an extended time?

You could probably keep them growing more roots than leaves and whatnot by depriving them of light also.

He probably wants to make sure they are good and ready for outdoors by having a lot of roots maybe.

I have always found that by providing a higher root zone temp then ambient air temp will create more root growth with less foliage growth. So by using a heating mat or something similar, and keeping them out of direct light, you should be able to accomplish it.

I had a 100% turn out on a 50 tray and only need 32 so I was wondering how long I could keep them around thats all but tanks for your info

P. BLAZUH said:
I had a 100% turn out on a 50 tray and only need 32 so I was wondering how long I could keep them around thats all but tanks for your info

Congrats! That is really quite an achievement--100% on a tray of 50 is fabulous. What a good omen to start out that well

P. BLAZUH said:
I have about 20 clones that have been under low-light conditions for about 3 weeks now. They are hardly stretching and growing nice roots and are quite healthty, although small. You should just at least give them a little light to keep them alive.

Latest posts

Back