Keeping plants in the ground....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've grown outdoors in pots and in the ground. The difference in size is amazing. In the ground is much better.
I put this plastic over them, hopefully they make it the rest of the way. And I wish my indoor plants looked like these..

Attachments

• 20220923_092229.jpg
    20220923_092229.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220923_092211.jpg
    20220923_092211.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220923_092233.jpg
    20220923_092233.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Yeah I grew mine in Fabric pots this yr. If it starts to rain I put them on the porch.
Last yr I had to use umbrellas and a leaf blower.

Yeah I grew mine in Fabric pots this yr. If it starts to rain I put them on the porch.
Last yr I had to use umbrellas and a leaf blower.
What size pots did you use? Is fabric better for the plant? Or just easier than plastic. I might get some 10gal for next year. That's going to be alot of soil if I do 10 plants..

What size pots did you use? Is fabric better for the plant? Or just easier than plastic. I might get some 10gal for next year. That's going to be alot of soil if I do 10 plants..
I love my Fabric pots. I switched all my plants and veggies to Fabric pots. Threw the plastic away. My plants love the air pruning they get from fabric. I'm using 3 and 5 gallon for my girls and 7 gallon for some of my veggies because they will grow yr round. I take them under lights during the cold days. I will never go back to plastic. The only plastic pots I use are the small ones I start seedlings in before I up pot.

Ok I'm in New York, the weather is already turning to shit. My question is has anyone built a canopy to put over the plants to shield them from this cold rain we will get. I would think they still have 3 weeks or more to finish..also the night Temps are dipping into the high 40s
I'm just out side Boston Ma. My plants are in 30 gal bags with poles to the top of the plants. When it rains I tie my plants up like a Christmas tree and bag them with a 95 gal 1.5 mil trash bag. The bags are light 1.5 mil and the pole takes the beating, the plant don't get wet. Now if it get to windy then I drag my plants over to my deck and strap them to my deck privacy wall works real nice. Last year was real rainy had them this way for up to 4 days and made it thru. When done take the bags off untie the trees and back in business again. https://www.amazon.com/Plasticplace...=17928904011&s=hpc&sprefix=trash&sr=1-73&th=1
Amazon.com : TELENT OUTDOORS Stretch Tie Tape, 1” Wide 200FT Reusable Garden Plant Ties Green Tapes for Plants, Thick Garden Vinyl Stake Ribbon for Branches Flowers Tomatoes Indoor Outdoor Greenhouse : Patio, Lawn & Garden Don't forget to tie the bottom of the bags

I'm just out side Boston Ma. My plants are in 30 gal bags with poles to the top of the plants. When it rains I tie my plants up like a Christmas tree and bag them with a 95 gal 1.5 mil trash bag. The bags are light 1.5 mil and the pole takes the beating, the plant don't get wet. Now if it get to windy then I drag my plants over to my deck and strap them to my deck privacy wall works real nice. Last year was real rainy had them this way for up to 4 days and made it thru. When done take the bags off untie the trees and back in business again. https://www.amazon.com/Plasticplace-95-96-Gallon-Garbage-Liners/dp/B01AVIWUAS/ref=sr_1_73?crid=3JE4MSN7LC31S&keywords=trash+bags&nav_sdd=aps&qid=1664122354&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI2LjMxIiwicXNhIjoiNi4xNSIsInFzcCI6IjYuMDgifQ==&refinements=p_n_feature_seven_browse-bin:17928911011&rnid=17928904011&s=hpc&sprefix=trash&sr=1-73&th=1
Amazon.com : TELENT OUTDOORS Stretch Tie Tape, 1” Wide 200FT Reusable Garden Plant Ties Green Tapes for Plants, Thick Garden Vinyl Stake Ribbon for Branches Flowers Tomatoes Indoor Outdoor Greenhouse : Patio, Lawn & Garden Don't forget to tie the bottom of the bags
Ya got any pics LOL

Hope that works for you my friend. Just keep a eye on the build up of moisture on the inside of that plastic, especially on the plastic touching your plants.

Hope that works for you my friend. Just keep a eye on the build up of moisture on the inside of that plastic, especially on the plastic touching your plants.
Thats a real concern, as soon as the rain stops the bags come off and the fans go on. I did this last year and we had rain of Biblical proportions in Boston had a little bud rot. Now three weeks ago I seen acouple of spots of PM, I used the Agrowlyte then and havent seen PM yet I sprayed again last Monday as a prevention

Latest posts

Back