kinda dissapointed.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your right Art!!...something is better than nothing...the last smoke i grew was pretty damn good too...

Well I hate to preach it, but I have to. This is why when I order seeds I get them from breeders who have been around for a long time. It's not the Attitudes fault at all, unless they keep seeds for an unacceptable amount of time. There is a reason that certain breeders have been in business for decades, and if you've been around for even just a little while you have seen many breeders come and go in no time.

I realize this is a little harder with dealing with the auto's as these have not been on the market all that long. But I think Attitude will make things right with you, even though it isn't really their problem....it's the breeders. I've not yet used the Attitude, only because I'm new to the net and have loyalties to a couple Canadian Companies that I've been dealing with for years. I am sure that I will use the Tude in the future just because of their selection, and hearing from so many satisfied customers on this site.

The bottom line is the breeder of the seeds needs to be researched just as much, if not more than the distributor.

I soak seeds 24 hrs in a cup of room temp water placed on my refrigerator, and then place soaked seeds in moist soil in starter flats, that sit on a cookie sheet, which sits on top of a heating pad set on low. I can not remember the last time I didn't have a bean sprout. I recently germed 6 Atomic Blueberry Jam seeds that I have had for more than a few yrs...all 6 came up.

I hope you get things figured out man! Best of Luck to you!

thanks legalize...but i never blamed attitude for the problem...nor did i hint at it...however...if i bought an item from wal-mart....and that item was defunct in some way...i would take it back to the store i recieved it from....not the manufacturer of the product...same way i see it with this...my seeds didnt work...i would expect the distributor to make right since i purchased from them and not the breeder....if products are inferior...it is the right...imo...for the distibutor to drop that product from the catalog line....in no way am i passing blame just simply stating...does this make sense to you?

....well....it makes sense to me......just as i thought......

I was a little high on earlyer post..I had tryed to germ all 7 and no good.
I also e-mail them again..Once again..
got some Afgan kush shuck started with no problem..I will be posting pictures and follow up things soon..
Keep high
Oneshot

i did chef....didnt here nothing yet....furthermore...the intention of this post was not to offend anyone or create a bad vibe...so to say...or sound like a smart ***....and if i came off like that i sincerly apologize...

hi,

sorry to hear about the headaches with bean poppin'...
icon9.gif
imo there is a certain touch to being consistent with germinating and growing from seed. I've noticed that if I go quite a while without growing from seed my 'seed popping' chops get rusty and it takes a bit of practice to get my soil just right and conditions optimum. I'll often practice with a couple dozen bagseeds from my pals to make sure everything is going well before I germ the high dollar seeds. Recently I experimented with germinating and growing in Rapid Rooter plugs and I had great success. They seem to keep the balance between moisture and air really nice for germination. I also like to use seedling heat mats when I pop beans and grow seedlings.

Happy Growing!:cool:

No no brother! Just trying to help out. It usually takes a day or two fer them to respond, but they always have with me and should with you! That really blows about the mi5's, i was hoping fer a GJ. I honestly believe they will make good on it!

thanks for the extra pointers dirtyolsouth....LOL...love the name...chef thanks for reassuring me....im hoping indeed they will...and yea...it sucks...i was really lookin forward to them...it was a very beautiful auto plant!!....but then again all the ladies are beautiful!!!;).....specially the fat ones!!!:hubba:

spaceface said:
thanks legalize...but i never blamed attitude for the problem...nor did i hint at it...however...if i bought an item from wal-mart....and that item was defunct in some way...i would take it back to the store i recieved it from....not the manufacturer of the product...same way i see it with this...my seeds didnt work...i would expect the distributor to make right since i purchased from them and not the breeder....if products are inferior...it is the right...imo...for the distibutor to drop that product from the catalog line....in no way am i passing blame just simply stating...does this make sense to you?

Most seed distributors have a disclaimer stateing that they are not responsable for germination rates.

I didn't think, or mean to imply that you sounded like you were upset with the tude. I also wasn't trying to scold you or come across as talking down to you..actually was not even directly talking TO you, but just makeing a comment to the thread in general...for anyone that is thinking of purchasing seeds.

Also this is a little different than wal-mart.....beings that seeds are illegal in most places.

it is differet yes..of course...same principal though....you expect a company with a decent reputation to take care of a customer if however a problem does arise...even more so being the customers first purchase...and on another note...i do realize most companies do not guarantee germination...however again...these disclaimers are not always easy to find....and if...part of policy...these policies should be right there and easily accessible.. before purchase......otherwise...this could be seen as misleading...and a scape goat to not remedy the problem...furthermore... i have found nothing on their site saying that they do not guarantee germination....nothing in the policy section in the faqs...no where...it simply states there is an exclusion from seeds on a guarantee....which...is different from saying that there is no guarantee on germination....totally different....and can be seen as misleading....im not here to nit-pick...just to clarify....thanks again....legalize....

I understand...and I think most "reputable" places will make it right, especially if the buyer is a repeat customer. I think though that the reason that most have the disclaimer is that unfortunately there many people who would/will take advantage of guarantees...saying things didn't work out when they really did, to try and get some free stuff. I'm sure the distributors have to deal with that on a regular basis.

The good thing about seeds is they are usually kept track of by lot #'s so in your case, if seeds don't germinate for you and your doing everything right, chances are (if the seeds are bad) that others will have the same problem with that particular lot of seeds, and the distributor will realize the validity of your complaint.

I know that one of my regular seed supplier makes no gauranties (lol SP?) on anyone recieving, or the germination rates. But they have replaced seeds for me before, becuase I have done alot of business with them, and they had other customers complain of seeds not germinateing from the same lot as mine.

I also let my distributor know germination rates of all seeds that I buy from them. I also have developed a "friend" type relationship with the owner of one seed distributor over the yrs. We used to spend the weekend up in Toronto and this particular fellow would take us out on the town showing us a good time...and putting illegal smiles on our faces. At one time he even mentioned that if we wanted to get a PO box in Windsor that he would make sure we had a stash waiting for us for our drive up to Toronto. So that way we wouldn't have to sweat the border crossing with our stash. We never took him up on this though.

On a side note, and out of curiosity, how did your seeds look when you recieved them? Did they look viable, nice and hard, and dark in color? Or did they look like they may not have been mature?

hi legalize....thanks for your response!!!...i understand that there is many people who are unfortunately dishonest and like to take advantage...im sure it happens quite often....thats the sad part about the world today...everything is so corpoarate dishonest and money hungry....specially America.....love my country.....but cant stand a single American policy...n-e-ways....3 out of the five seeds were fat but not dark in color....the other two included in the pack.. where in my opinion pre-mature as they were tiny and light in color....i did receive 2 free seeds that i have not tryed...they too look not up to par....but they were free and my frustrations do not lye with these....its good to hear that you have established a great connection between your distributor...thats awesome!!...i'd be nervous to to try and cross the border with such things as well....i heard you were a vet....is this correct?....and if so....thanks for your service friend!!!.....your buddy space....

yes I served...thank you.

I also don't want to take away from your frustration either man...I understand how it is!! But give them a little time, I don't think they would have the rep that they do here, if they made a habit of screwing people.

You also have to take into account that they probably also deal with people all the time that don't do research, like you have done. So they are probably used to hearing from people who have not germinated properly, and then put the blame on the seed co. Not trying to say this is what you did...it sounds like you have done everything to get these to pop...I guess I'm just trying to get you to see things from their side to.

I'd say if you never get a response to your email, then I would start getting upset, give it a little bit...I'd bet they come through for you. They have too many happy customers to be intentionaly screwing people.

I wish you the best!

thanks for the reassurance legalize....the reason i did choose them was because of all the positives i heard about them....and yes....i did try everything to get the little buggers to pop!!!....i thank you for the best wishes...space

Latest posts

Back