king led's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigggy

Reaction score
good morning guys ,,,getting ready to order what I need to restart my grow room ,,,I have a 10 x 10 room ,,,I would like to grow between 10 to 12 plants ,,,ive been looking at king led's,,first does anyone know if they(king)makes a good product ,,,secondly how many and what power lights should I buy ,,,1000 watt (115$)1200 watt (135 $)1500 watt(155$),,,I can spent up to 500 ,,I will be growing in dirt ,,the room used to be a bed room so it has an ac vent so temps are not a problem ,,any help would be appreciated ,,,thanks in advance ,,,,zig

Zig those LED seem way to cheap To good to be true, I never rdan them, but did run similar ones ie: Mars Hydro
The Chinese diodes are not as good as the american made from what I understand
I would do some Google searches for reviews and check them out real weel before spending that much money
Any reason you are not going with CM and HPS bulbs and hoods?

I run 2 King LEDS in a 4x4x6.5 Flower tent. One 1200 and Once 1500. I bought the 1200 first and liked it so much I bought a 1500 as well. If I had to do it again I would have bought Two 1500's. I don't grow more than 6 plants in my 4x4 and try to keep it to 4 plants when I can. I have had great results with the King's.

thanks stiggy ,,I have no idea what a cm is ,,,I have 3 600wt digital ballest with hordalux bulbs ,,the bulbs are almost 2 years old and would need replace ,,I was looking at leds to lower my electric bill,,,all the lights I have are air cooled hoods ,,so I'm thinking my rooms are a good part of my electric bill ,,my bill is generally around 300 ,,but I keep the thermostat set at 72 all year round ,,I'm sure that is also a big part of the bill

I have a 1500 King LED - I am running 5 plants with it currently in a walk-in closet with air vents. I have done 6 before with good results, though I think I'm maxing it out with that many. I would think that (2) 1500s would be great in a 10x10 room, and for not a lot of money, either - I'll probably add a second one eventually. I don't feel they're "too good to be true" at all. Of course, your results may vary.

LEDs run cooler and use approx half the electricity of the old Bulbs do
Ther is another cheaper LED name something like Varrispar LED
Few Growers I know said good things
But Lewis is running them and he or she likes them so it's hard to tell
I am getting away from my LEDs and HPS combined and building a QUANTUM Board light myself
Suppose to be the new LED Type lights out there
None kit lights do get expensive

I have a 1500 King LED - I am running 5 plants with it currently in a walk-in closet with air vents. I have done 6 before with good results, though I think I'm maxing it out with that many. I would think that (2) 1500s would be great in a 10x10 room, and for not a lot of money, either - I'll probably add a second one eventually. I don't feel they're "too good to be true" at all. Of course, your results may vary.
Well there we go
2 Happy users right here
Like I said I never used this brand just heard other growers say to stay away
The drivers have been known to burn out and the LED Banks o out loosing a good section of diodes until fixed
But what do I know

When Mars Hydro 1st came out they were using a low grade Diode and they were known for burning out do to many reasons.
That why I suggested just doing some google searches for others review before speading all.

I had Good Luck and nice yield with The Mars 1600 in the past and it was the 1st version so I never had a problem with burnout, I made sure my fans in the light were clean and the tent temps never went over 80 degs.

I also use King.
1 1200w
1 1500w
They're Both great lights for the money and Ill buy them again in the future.
That being said. I wouldn't go smaller than 1500w again.
Probably shoot for 3 1500w lights for your space. You'll be glad you tried them if you're just growing for yourself.
If you're growing for commercial sale you want to invest in much better lights.

another ??????,,I'm looking on amazon,,,,with all these lights they have a pair of sun glasses you should also buy ,,,do you need to wear these glasse to work on your plants ,,,don't mean to ask dumb ??? but I don't know,,,,,thanks gman ,,,no I'm just growing for me,,,,i do help out a few friends now and again ,,,

Last edited:
On Hamsters recommendation, I got a King 1200(at the time, they did not make a 1500 or 2000). I use mine in approx 9 sq ft. I need another one but I think my space might be too small for a 1500 or even another 1200. Mine is 25 months old and still is painfully bright. I think the UV LED in it is what makes it feel uncomfortable. I don’t see a UV LED listed in the description now but I am pretty sure when I purchased it, UV was in it(I think it is the center LED). I, like key2life, have a pair of LED glasses and also like k2l, I rarely use them. I should though because my everything looks blue for a while after I work in the tent with the light on.

My king came with glasses and pully rig.
King doesn't give off any detectable UV. I was originally under the impression that it Did have UV but I have a UV light indicator meter that reads 0 on both the 1200w and the 1500w.
Took the meter outside and it pegged out so I'm sure its right.

9C75EE02-55DC-4544-9AE3-437D2B5113B1.jpeg
I found this on their website. Maybe they changed their LED arrays? I also thought it had only 1 UV LED not 12. Regardless for me the price was right and the product works well though I am no expert grower. Just grow for the enjoyment of it. Er, and the weed...

My first led. Back when they only had one and it was the 1000 for $149. Still have it but I don't use it and never bought another. I won't bad mouth it but I don't use it any more.

My first led. Back when they only had one and it was the 1000 for $149. Still have it but I don't use it and never bought another. I won't bad mouth it but I don't use it any more.
Figures the cops wouldn’t smash up the cheap stuff. If I ever come into some extra coin, I would like to try some nicer gear(lights, tents, fans, genetics). I think for zigggys $500 she could grow some nice plants with a couple/few king LEDs. 4 of the 1000’s would still be under $500 and might cover a 10x10 square more evenly than 3 of the 1500’s for about the same price.

Figures the cops wouldn’t smash up the cheap stuff. If I ever come into some extra coin, I would like to try some nicer gear(lights, tents, fans, genetics). I think for zigggys $500 she could grow some nice plants with a couple/few king LEDs. 4 of the 1000’s would still be under $500 and might cover a 10x10 square more evenly than 3 of the 1500’s for about the same price.

Thats what I was thinking, if the goal is to cover a 10x10 then I would personally go with 4 lights over 3 for better coverage.

As for King LED, I like them as a cheap light. They all do awesome in the veg stage and the plants have flowered just fine under them. However Im not sold on quality control, between me and a friend we have 5 kings. 3 of them are king1000 all bought in the same amazon order. ALL 3 of the 1000 are different color spectrum. We have one that is heavy in blue another thats heavy red and one that is a blurple blend. I

Latest posts

Back