king led's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raise and shine OFC. next year I plan on shopping for new lights. I made a note on the King's.

more yard work this am. might get a little rain this morning. everything is starting to bud outside. I plan on putting a sativa outside this time around, Train Wreck.

OF8
If you mean space from light to plants I average around 2' for the 1500 and around 18" for the 1200.
Above the lights there is a couple feet.
My space is about 6 x 10 closed in with white Styrofoam insulation board.
Neither of my king lights give off any detectable UV but they preform quite well.
For my budget, king lights have done a great job.
Last harvest was quite nice.

I have a 5x5x7 grow tent. With 2 600w viparspectra leds love them both for veg and flower. Just another light you could look into. They are def more money than the king but i believe you get what you pay for.cheers

Thx gloman. Also was thinking as I couldn’t sleep last night that 4 of those leds probably don’t have enough lumens or par or power to cover a 10x10 space. I think I recall seeing something like each one covering 5x3 ft. Don’t remember if that is veg or flower but thinking veg. zigggy-can you close off the grow space a little?

morning guys thanks for the help ,,,I can afford 4 lights but I'm thinking can my outlets handle the amps of 4 lamps ,,,,do these lights pull a lot of amps ,,,two fans and four lights I think it may pop the breaker,,,,,,,of8 yes i can make the room any size I like ,,the only thing dictating the room size is the ac vent,,,,,,,welcome bbrown and weeddog

Last edited:
Going to depend what guage wires you are running on each breaker
14 guage will handle less load as oppose to 12 guage
There are ways to figure out safe outlet draw numbers
Also 240v will handle more then 120v

You need to know what wattage the lamps actual pull from the wall along with every other electrical device on that circuit

the king 1000's draw 185 watts each according to their website. if you can swing an extra $40, it looks like the 1500's are $135 each so for $540 you could get 4 of those. they draw 260 watts(again according to their website). so for the 4 that is about a kilowatt which i think would be the same as a 1000 watt hps. dogweed's post does raise some concern for me. i only have the one but i think i remember reading another post where someone said their king leds were different colors. that would be a quality issue but my sample size is only 1 so i can't speak to that. st nick does not seem to care for them either so it looks like some people have good feedback and others don't. maybe nick got a bad one too.

dogweed - i would get in touch with king and ask them for replacements. i think they should be pink. mine is. all the pics i have seen of them have shown the same pink hues so the ones you have are probably defective. not sure how their customer service is. hopefully good.

gloman - i took my light down last night to clean the glass(i had sprayed some bug killer last grow and just recently noticed i had sprayed the glass and it was cloudy. the center led is different than the others. i think i recall the literature when i bought mine said it had one 10 watt uv led and i thought that was it. it looks like it isn't lit if i look at it with my sunglasses(which have good uv protection) but i can see it is lit with my led glasses on. either way, i have a uv a t5 bulb inn my tent to get some uv since i read that trichomes are kinnd of a natural sunscreen for the plants to protect from uv and so uv will force the plants to make more 'sunscreen'. i am not the brightest bulb(or led) so that could be bull or an old wives tale.

i don't have any vested interest in any companies. i am not spamming for king. just trying to give feedback on my experience with them. as i said, if i get the money, i will buy something higher quality. rose loves her lush leds and umbra has a favorite too that i can't remember what brand they are. the cost for those for me is out of my comfort zone for now.

i have rambled on enough.

my small grow i think draws around 750 watts when the lights are on. i have that on a 15 amp breaker. if my math is right, a 15 amp breaker should be ok up to 1800 watts but you probably don't want to run that much on one breaker. the wiring might heat up and i think most electrical appliances with motors anyway have a surge when they start up that could pop the breakers.

my small grow i think draws around 750 watts when the lights are on. i have that on a 15 amp breaker. if my math is right, a 15 amp breaker should be ok up to 1800 watts but you probably don't want to run that much on one breaker. the wiring might heat up and i think most electrical appliances with motors anyway have a surge when they start up that could pop the breakers.
Excellent Answer
80% of total is the recommended usage is what I use and Recommended
A 20amp circut 12gu wire will allow you to have a bigger load

You also have to be careful because some outlets are shared within the house and those devices will add to the total load
If you have dedicated circuts then the wattage will be fine on that breaker.

Zig -- I don't know about numbers so much ?
I ran 8 - Mars Hydro 300 watt reflector series out of one plug thru a $10 timer -- I don't know if it helps but I always come out the wall thru a surge protector with a circuit breaker -- I ran 8 of my sprayer pumps thru another plug in the same room and also had my fans on -- If it trips the breaker then I'm pulling too much -- If it don't ?-- I ain't !

Zig -- I don't know about numbers so much ?
I ran 8 - Mars Hydro 300 watt reflector series out of one plug thru a $10 timer -- I don't know if it helps but I always come out the wall thru a surge protector with a circuit breaker -- I ran 8 of my sprayer pumps thru another plug in the same room and also had my fans on -- If it trips the breaker then I'm pulling too much -- If it don't ?-- I ain't !
Keef
Your 8 lights were fine the Mars 300 are olny approx 132-150 watts not 300watts (its what LED advertiser do) so 8 would have really been 1200watts being pulled
Most 15amps curcuits can handle 1800 watts and it should be at or lower then 1440 watts on continuous draw to be safe

I just built a new grow room and wired it with two 20 amp breakers. One for the lights and one for the other accessories like fans and dehumidifiers/humidifiers and the like. I am running two Viparspectra 900's in a 4x8 grow.

I just built a new grow room and wired it with two 20 amp breakers. One for the lights and one for the other accessories like fans and dehumidifiers/humidifiers and the like. I am running two Viparspectra 900's in a 4x8 grow.
Thats what I did too
I also use a hot water heater timer (like an inground pool uses ) it mechanical and never misses a beat
515bdc1226b33_294578b.jpg

those are actually very reasonable price-wise. i thought those were some of the $1000 per light units.

Anyone used or used an AmareTech LED
One of the best LEDs I have seen
Expensive though

I was reading some people really like those LEDs on amazon and other sites
The 1500 are actually 260watts you could run 6 on a 15 amp circuit but would need the fans on a seperate circuiy to be safe
How many would you be buying Zig
They look like Mars hydro knock off or vise versa

Latest posts

Back