Kissing the winter blues goodbye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speed queens. The little yellowing is from my ph pen being out of whack. lesson learned, after 2 years re-calibrate your pens!!

6.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

recalibrate after 2 years are you talking ph pen if so gss most pens are only good for 12 months.

looking good btw

t4

plants look great gss! gotta love them fatty fingers on those 8 mile. holy crap gss 2 yrs b4 a cal on your pen! damn i thought i was bad @ letting mine go 3 or 4 weeks...lol

Time4Plan-B said:
recalibrate after 2 years are you talking ph pen if so gss most pens are only good for 12 months.

looking good btw

t4

Yeah no kidding LOL. When I told our hydro guy about it he laughed and said "they are only good for 12 months." Right away I thought I will be getting a new pen pronto LOL

docfishwrinkle said:
plants look great gss! gotta love them fatty fingers on those 8 mile. holy crap gss 2 yrs b4 a cal on your pen! damn i thought i was bad @ letting mine go 3 or 4 weeks...lol

Thanks doc. I love those fat leaves too. Its funny, the 8 mile high is suppose to be a very sativa high, but looking at the plants you would never guess it.

looking good brother. hey, what you mean only good 12 months? the pen itself?, or the calibration?...man, i've had mine for 2 years now without a problem, but the batteries just died...not bad for 30 bucks...

we just seen a commercial from target tonight. thier doing a special on brita pitcher filters, with a digi ph pen for 32 bucks...gonna get another one tomorrow...

bro, the 8-mile looks sweet. nodes are close. the mandala aint bad either. lol. lol...

later GSS...Irish...

IRISH said:
looking good brother. hey, what you mean only good 12 months? the pen itself?, or the calibration?...man, i've had mine for 2 years now without a problem, but the batteries just died...not bad for 30 bucks...

we just seen a commercial from target tonight. thier doing a special on brita pitcher filters, with a digi ph pen for 32 bucks...gonna get another one tomorrow...

bro, the 8-mile looks sweet. nodes are close. the mandala aint bad either. lol. lol...

later GSS...Irish...

Brother Irish!! Yeah the guy told me that after 12 months you should just throw them out. I have a milwaukee ph pen and so long as the calibration is kept up with i am going to see how long it does last. I do plan on getting a new one shortly just in case. Thanks on the props. Figured I would pop my head in, been a few weeks.

docfishwrinkle said:
uhhhhh what?! sativa, huh. must of got all indie phenos...lol

Yeah no kidding bud. You wouldn't believe it by looking at it. Here is the breeders page.

hXXp://www.mandalaseeds.com/html/8_miles_high1.html

yeah, i still pop in bro, once in awhile. gotta check on my peoples grows, ya know? put one behind me last week over here, and got one to see through the end, which is fast approaching...

digging your teas man. i do 'em up organic too. been doing teas for the OD gardens since time began. lol. can you imagine 50 gallons rolling the bubbles? all rain water in catch barrels...10 lbs of worm doo, 10 lbs of horse doo, an entire bottle of molasses, and a gunnie sack full of alfalfa hay...i sieve this off, and spray it on the gardens...BAM. thats how i roll. lol. lol...

sorting through the seed catalog for upcoming order. come on spring. theres so many others around here that enjoy doing veggie gardens, that we should put togeather a gardening club...just showing our gardens over the last two seasons, intrigued many newbs that have never planted, and cared for one, to till up a small plot, and have a go at this hobby. to us, it is no longer a hobby, but a necessity...such as your 'Recession Garden 2'...ZipFlip had never did a garden in his life he told me. then last summer, he showed. truely amazing what he created. ( and my bro is blind ).:eek: ...i believe he is hooked with the garden bug now. i mean, you should have seen his garden! for a first timer, he did an amazing job!!!

then theres Cubby. lol. he is also an amazing person when it comes to gardening, imho. (also, an amazing OD mmj grower):D ... i have a pic in my head of him standing 'tween his mj plants with a paper bag over his head. lol. lol. he's quite the character bro. and quite the gardener also...

then, if you add 4u2 in, oh yeah, another totally amazing person when it comes to gardens...

another i would love to see his skills, is Duck. i can feel it. i know this brother has it in him to put on an awesome show. he may need a push, cause he's so busy working on his OD mmj grows...

i'm sure theres others also...if i was ever to put togeather a gardening crew, these are the first names that would come to my mind...

and, what do ya know, there happens to be a gardening section right here at MP.:D :cool: ...

now, what would be a great title for a multi-gardeners paradise, such as this? i'll talk to all my bros, and attempt to put this togeather here. you in bro? i dont take no for an answer, ya know? lol...lol...don't make Irish beg, it's unbecoming of a master gardener such as you, and i...LOL...lol...:D :cool:

i posted this here, as others may join in with us this garden season, in a grow-n-show gardeners paradise...as you know already, i grow for my community food bank also. so i HAVE to step up my game...there are hungry folks out there in every walk of life right now. even more now, than ever before...i'm just an 'ol poor hillbilly that likes to help others out, whenever i can...

i can't wait to pull the carpet off the worm bed this spring man.lol. or off the gardens that were covered...game on...

thx gss i read all about em already. about your pen, i wouldnt throw out. if your tip is replaceable then it may just be that needs to be replaced once a yr on that model. wouldnt think youd have to replace until it wont calibrate or you break it. dunno ive only had a hannah & its tip is removable & came w/ tool to do it.

LOL...i just opened the back door for the first time today, and yep, still covered deep in snow...lol...lol...

come on spring...

I am in for sure brother irish!! I am stepping it up a notch myself this year in both veggies and mj. I will be selling a bunch of plants this spring and giving my extra harvest's to the food cupboard; I am glad you brought that up, it didn't even cross my mind.

I hear you about spring, I can't take it anymore LOL. Luckly I put a bunch of veggies inside to grow over winter with my mj. The strawberries I dug up from outside a few weeks ago are doing awesome!! I will have to get some pics up of the indoor plants. I got rid of the habanero pepper plant, it wouldn't hold flowers for some reason. No biggy, I have a bunch of seeds left to start in a couple weeks. I need more lights first, I am running out of room LOL.

I have 7 varieties of tomato I am growing including "hillybilly royal" ;) Hell yeah!!!! LMAO!!!

i heard that. hillbillies growing hillbilly tomaters. lol...lol...sounds good , sounds good for sure...i'll start firing up the others. put a little fire up, and under. lol...lol...

i had folks stopping by last year, asking to buy sweet corn. they said they remembered being given the best sweet corn they ever had, grown here, by my father. i picked 'em a sack full, and they tried to pay, and i told 'em the stories they had told me of my pa was worth all the veggies they wanted...

cant wait for the season now bro...glad you came back around gss...

You poor guys. I planted my first outdoor auto palooza 2010 today :hubba:

IRISH said:
i heard that. hillbillies growing hillbilly tomaters. lol...lol...sounds good , sounds good for sure...i'll start firing up the others. put a little fire up, and under. lol...lol...

i had folks stopping by last year, asking to buy sweet corn. they said they remembered being given the best sweet corn they ever had, grown here, by my father. i picked 'em a sack full, and they tried to pay, and i told 'em the stories they had told me of my pa was worth all the veggies they wanted...

cant wait for the season now bro...glad you came back around gss...

I am sure it was a blast to spend some time with that couple. I ran into a guy my dad grew up with and he was telling me a couple stories about my dad; it was really neat to know he is human LOL.

I am ready for spring, I can't hardly take it. I still have a month before I will be starting all my tomatoes and peppers :eek: LOL.

The speed queens are doing great and I have 1 satori in flower and a bunch of them getting huge in veg :hubba: I think I am way too stoned tonight LMAO, time to hit the recliner. Take care bro!!!

ArtVandolay said:
You poor guys. I planted my first outdoor auto palooza 2010 today :hubba:

I can't even begin to explain how jealous I am right now LOL. Only little under 2 months to go here and I can put out cold weather crops :)

I added a 600w hps to the closet with my old trusty 400w :eek: OMG what a difference that makes. Temps only jumped up 4 degrees to 76f. I have 3 satori's flowering under the 600 and 3 speed queens under the 400; I am just amazed at the light intensity in the closet now LOL. Its going to be some fun :D

oh yeah more artificial sun!! gss is getting bigger yields. nice score brotha

Latest posts

Back