lady bugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stein_free

Reaction score
Hey Everybody:) I got a nice grow going , my last one i had a problem wit mites:eek: . this time alls good so far, i have noticed a few lady bugs though are they good or bad :confused: . i know they eat other bugs . any way i was wondering

Yes the Lady Bugs will eat those mites. :hubba:

yeah ladybugs are good for your grow, they also eat spidermite's, but only if there isnt any other infestation you have. i dont know if i can buy ladybugs here int he uk, can i??? if i suffer from any kind of infestation, that will be my solution, 100%.

Yes they love aphids also but some bugs look like lady bugs but are really harmfull they are usually smaller and not as round as a ladybug. Make sure you can tell them apart. Slim

Ladybugs are like angels sent from above! They are your friends!

i think im gonna get me some laddy bugs to i guess ur growin outside ? if not how they get inside without u puttin them their ? but any way like everyone says they are great so good luck in your grow

i would look for aphids just lady bugs usually find aphids, and they destroy a crop, but lady bugs are good but id make sure they are lady bugs

tom-tom said:
i think im gonna get me some laddy bugs to i guess ur growin outside ? if not how they get inside without u puttin them their ? but any way like everyone says they are great so good luck in your grow

you can buy them commercially... to disperse them, just put the box down in the middle of the infected crop, and they will just leave the box on their own and take care of the problem. many will keep migrating up to the light and die:shocked: , but the rest will go to work.:D

Lady bugs are great....... Till they fly into the light and your sweeping up lots of bodies daily. Other than that they are great!!!!

Stunzeed..

yea tom-tom i'm growing inside we live in the country so i'm assuming they rode in on our clothes maybe dont really know how they got in theres not alot maybe three to five that i' found and i haven't seen any mites but they hide good so and i'm positive thier lady bugs brite red and freindly( they'll crawl on your hand pretty cool ) have not flown into the lights yet

i would leave them in their they are a blessing lol ,, good luck with ur grow

how can you tell the difference between lady bugs and the look alikes, i think there called asian beatles? dont qoute me on that im not sure what there called.

sheep, and i just killed 2 lady bugs in my GR.,.. now i k now.

Lady Bugs are are to bug pests as cats are to mice.

i have two types of ladybugs here, and its kinda hard to tell them apart. first one is your ordinary garden variety, can tell by thier spots and thier color. this one is a lighter color orange, with smaller black spots, and is harmless. now this second one is of the asian variety, , they are a burnt orange color, with larger, more defined, blacker spots, and these little mutants bite very hard, and leave behind a nasty burn , and a welt where they've bitten you. both seem fine in my outside garden, as well as my indoor. they have thier ways of getting in...

Latest posts

Back