Laziness and other bad habits....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This year i plan on getting things straight in my life, Few things i need to do is,

1. Save some money
  2. Start doing some overtime (well lots of overtime, i am lucky enough that there is always overtime were i work, People don't stop complaining to call centers hehe)
  3. Pay off some Debt
  4. Get more sociable (sometimes i will just say **** it and stay home n light up instead of meeting friends)
  5. Start working out again as well (so unhealthy that i ran half a mile the other day and nearly stopped breathing lol)
  6. And the final and hardest Cut down on my smoking (pot that is) got so bad I'm constantly high all day long.
Hopefully i will succeed hehe.
Gd luck to everyone else with there challenges, Bad habits are hard to break but not impossible. :D ;)

I am pretty much going to keep up the good work:

• drinking martinis,
  • smoking (mj),
  • hanging out online,
  • browsing the seed banks,
  • watering the plants,
  • working on a new grow area,
  • walking the dogs,
  • fishing.

I did quit smoking awhile back :hubba: and I exercise regularly. At one time, I wanted to try extortion and racketeering but it looks like too much work.

There really are no "bad habbits".....I tend to think of them as "unappreciated hobbies".

I've been laid off since Nov, and I'm loosing my mind with boredom. Seriously if it weren't for this computer I don't know what I would do! 190 channels of crap on the tele. Unemployment doesn't pay enough to even cover the bills, let alone do anything with. This is the first time I have had to use unemployment, since 94 when I got out of the service, and then I was only on it for a month. Most of that month was taken up moving, and seeing family I hadn't seen in a few years...pretty much a vacation, and then I found a job.

I have always laughed at people that say they can't find a job, there is always one out there...but things seem to be different with this economic crunch.

I'm so ready to go back to work! Everytime I stop by my job, I get told we have alot of orders coming in, just waiting on the engineer, and materials...blah blah blah...I was told this at the beginning of the yr...and still nothing. I have an interview next Wed, that I'm really wanting to work out! This could be the job I've been wanting for yrs. I was already tested for this job and evidently passed that part of it, now the 2nd part is the 17th, and this is the interview part. The thing is I don't know how many they are hiring, and how many they have to choose from. I could be 1 out of 100, and they only need to fill 5 positions....so who knows???

Cooking way to good of food and eating way too much. Not to mention touring dozens of kitchens daily and sampling for quality control. Dont smoke during day, but any post M-F is from touring the facilites and boring meetings. Thanx MJ P.

Like right now, I am waiting in the chefs office to ask him why his Chix pot pie has no beautiful crust on top...

legalize_freedom said:
I've been laid off since Nov, and I'm loosing my mind with boredom. Seriously if it weren't for this computer I don't know what I would do! 190 channels of crap on the tele. Unemployment doesn't pay enough to even cover the bills, let alone do anything with. This is the first time I have had to use unemployment, since 94 when I got out of the service, and then I was only on it for a month. Most of that month was taken up moving, and seeing family I hadn't seen in a few years...pretty much a vacation, and then I found a job.

I have always laughed at people that say they can't find a job, there is always one out there...but things seem to be different with this economic crunch.

I'm so ready to go back to work! Everytime I stop by my job, I get told we have alot of orders coming in, just waiting on the engineer, and materials...blah blah blah...I was told this at the beginning of the yr...and still nothing. I have an interview next Wed, that I'm really wanting to work out! This could be the job I've been wanting for yrs. I was already tested for this job and evidently passed that part of it, now the 2nd part is the 17th, and this is the interview part. The thing is I don't know how many they are hiring, and how many they have to choose from. I could be 1 out of 100, and they only need to fill 5 positions....so who knows???

good luck my friend!!! I hope you get it! :) people love to hire ex service members!!!

yeah it's a union job to...I've never worked for a union before, but I'll go where the money/work is. It will be a slight pay cut to start as I will have to apprentice (my 17 yrs non union experience doesn't count I guess) But they will work me and send me to school at night if I get the position....the money in the long run (and benefits) will be so much better than what I'm used to. I really really REALLY want it!...lol. Thanks for the good luck 2 Dog. I'll be asking you all to send out good vibes for me the day before the interview! Just think if L_F gets back to work...less time ya'll will be bugged by me!!...lol...it will work out great for all of us...lol

This is a different kind of recession I think. My daughter has worked her whole life has been laid off for a year. Her friends company posted a part time janitorial position. The had two hundred hits in the first 10 minutes. It is scary out there. I am glad for the additional unemployment she was able to receive. What a time.
I am sending good thoughts to you Lf. If you are at work, we will miss you.

Yeah my one brother has been laid off for over a yr. He said that he got a tip from the employment agency that there was a delivery position opened that day at pizza hut (after a yr off he was willing to take whatever he could get) He said he went straight there, the same day as the position had been posted, and they had already had over 100 applicants....for a pizza delivery! Definately we are in bad times economicly!!!

yes laziness indeedy dude i did exercise daily more often than not twice daily for 25 years until 3 years ago when i sustained a knee injury so bored but now lacking my 25+ years 8 pack stomuch but apart from that i love walking my doggie 2-6 miles daily.

t4

yeah, During the same time I was out of work, my best buddy got laid off. He has been without work for about 16 months now.

What sad is he has never been without work....ever.

I set him up with a 600 hps, a tent and a inline fan . It's made his unemployment issues less of an issue, but is soon losing his house to foreclosure.

Luckily, EVERYTHING.... and I mean EVERYTHING I own is paid for.

House, cars... everything. If the economy sinks completely, I will go total outlaw. NOTHING will stop me from feeding my family.

Luckily, other than taxes, electric , water and groceries... I got it made.

Latest posts

Back