leaf curl over...Mg deficiency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Team GREEN

Reaction score
I have 1 plant(caramelia), out of 5, that at about 2 wks into veg the edges of mostly the 2nd and 3rd set of leaves started to curl over. (none of the others are having this problem) It's going on its 3rd week and the new growth seems to be fine, but there is some slight curl. That said, the plant seems healthy otherwise and is growijng strong. I did and have been addressing the problem by adding epsom salts when watering. However, it doesn't seem to have helped much. Hopefully this isn't a big deal....the plant still seems to be thriving.
Is this Mg deficiency or is it something else?
Any suggestions?
THANKS!

im not really sure on this but i had these two large plants there were around the same age as urs, 3 - 4 weeks in veg the second set of top leaves were curling at the tip downward, i was using mg potting soil, i never rinsed out the soil and a few days later the plant died, i think it was from the mg nutes in the soil, i think you should rinse the soil "flood it" and them see how they do. just an option, so they dont die..

smkngunz said:
im not really sure on this but i had these two large plants there were around the same age as urs, 3 - 4 weeks in veg the second set of top leaves were curling at the tip downward, i was using mg potting soil, i never rinsed out the soil and a few days later the plant died, i think it was from the mg nutes in the soil, i think you should rinse the soil "flood it" and them see how they do. just an option, so they dont die..
thanks sng...but it's not the TIPS that are curling DOWNWARD...it's JUST the EDGES that are curling UPWARD (sort of looks like an open taco). It still seems to be doing quite well, it doesn't seem to be dying (but what do I know?)
I'm still curious as to what this is?
good lookin out!

Team GREEN said:
thanks sng...but it's not the TIPS that are curling DOWNWARD...it's JUST the EDGES that are curling UPWARD (sort of looks like an open taco). It still seems to be doing quite well, it doesn't seem to be dying (but what do I know?)
I'm still curious as to what this is?
good lookin out!

:eek: I have the same thing happening to my leaves? My soil is MG and it will be the last time for that.

I am having a very similair things as you. Only 1 of my 5 plants has "Taco Leafs". I can't really find any issues since all my plants are getting the same stuff. I am just hoping it will grow out of it.

johnnybuds said:
:eek: I have the same thing happening to my leaves? My soil is MG and it will be the last time for that.
how does your plant look otherwise? Mine doesn't have any discoloration or any other problems except this edge curl up and slightly over. and my soil mix is Sunshine(.1-.1-.1), worm castings and perlite.

bigbudsbruddah said:
I am having a very similair things as you. Only 1 of my 5 plants has "Taco Leafs". I can't really find any issues since all my plants are getting the same stuff. I am just hoping it will grow out of it.
thanks for the response bigbud...thought i was alone on this one!
Any ideas as to what this is?....or don't sweat it?

Team GREEN said:
how does your plant look otherwise? Mine doesn't have any discoloration or any other problems except this edge curl up and slightly over. and my soil mix is Sunshine(.1-.1-.1), worm castings and perlite.

Here they are. The closeup pic in the middle by the top of the brown stick you can see a leaf like what your talking about. Other then that they look fine.

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG

Latest posts

Back