Leaf Pics, Need Help Identifying Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiksroks

Fat Farmer
Reaction score
I got some pics of the leaf issues mentioned in this thread http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60992 . I was hoping somebody could help identify the problem. These are the only 3 leaves in the grow (20 plants) currently showing issues. 2 of them are on a Pre98 Bubba Kush and the other is on a g13. They are about 18 days into flowering. What do you all think?

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

I'm thinking it either fe, zn, mg, cu deficiency. Would adding some cal/mag to the next feeding help?

That looks like a classic potassium deficiency to me. What kind of medium and nutes are they getting? If it is only a couple plants out of a bunch that this is occurring then there could be something else causing it like a potassium lock out, air temp difference on these, someone forgot to feed them the same when all were being fed, or something like that.

I would try a potassium foliar feed for a few days and see if that helps, then you can figure out what is causing it if that is the case. :)

I just looked at the attachment to the other thread and now see the answers to my questions about the medium and nutes. I am still thinking that it is a potassium deficiency. It may be just a pheno difference with these plants that makes them more hungry for K. Or it could be that the micro herd was a little short in those containers and the nutes aren't getting chelated well enough to keep up with the needs of these plants. You might want to lower the PH on the next feeding to 6.5 and see if that helps any and if you have any microbe suppliments, you could add a bit to them.

I also think it may serve you to mix up your nute solution and let it sit overnight after adjusting the PH and see where it is the next day.

Thanks Hush. I will mix at least 24 hrs before use and try to beef up the p a bit. Also, I will try feeding these 2 problem children at a lower ph then the rest. I think I'll go ahead and hit them with big dose of Big Bloom tonight and see if that helps.

I don't think it's pheno related as I have 10 cuts of the same Bubba and only one is having issues. The g13 is a trial plant and the only other 1 I have is gonna be a mommy if I like it. . .

In my past grows I would have just let these things slide but I really want to get this down as my last 2 grows have yielded less than desired and I really want to see these suckas perform.

With only 3 leaves showing a problem. I dont think it realy is a problem just normal maturing of the plant. Unless alot more leave show a problem I wouldn't treat them with any thing.

When I look at the chart 4u posted it looks more like mn deficiency. The reason is that the discoloration is only in the leaf margins and seems to start from the outside of the leaf. In the pic of the potassium deficiency it looks like it starts around the main stems of the leaves and moves outward while not staying in the margins. Also the leaves appear to be colored similarly with the tips being greener than the base of the leaf. I assume mn deficiency is pretty uncommon because I don't think I've ever seen it posted here. But it would coincide with the 7.25 discharge pH that apparently I shouldn't worry about.

I will continue to up the dosages on the flowering nutrients and it is time to start adding a bit of nitrogen back to the mix according to FF schedule and give a bit of time for the solution to stabilize at 6.5 before feeding.

Crazy how this hobby has taken over my free time!

ozzydiodude said:
With only 3 leaves showing a problem. I dont think it realy is a problem just normal maturing of the plant. Unless alot more leave show a problem I wouldn't treat them with any thing.

Even at only 18 days flowering?

I found another plant with the same symptoms today as well. They do all appear healthy and are growing vigorously.

Why can't weeeeee be frieeeends why can't weeeee be frieeeeends why can't weeee be frieeeends why can't weeee bee frieeeeends!

Marijuana is a part of mother nature, and it wants you to love the people around you as much as you love it. If you have negativity about you, your plants will suffer but if you have a positive attitude towards everything you'll always see great results.

Let's not criticize destructively eh fellas and gals?

I got wacked, and I didn't do anything :holysheep:

Green mojo to all :icon_smile:

It looks like potassium deficiency to me, I've had the same problem before....keep a close eye on the PH

thanks for the help guys, ill post some updated pics tonight when the sun comes up!

Latest posts

Back