Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Leary about signing up for State Medical Marijuana Card

mean4green

Reaction score
I was curious about medial marijuana in PA.
Found the state website, did some inquiry.
I can get a card (per 1yr $50), and after a doctor certification is sent to state, I can buy weed for $10 gram.. (pay 4 doctor visit)
(That is $20 more per Z than I pay to my reliable hassle free source for Killer Skunk Weed)

Regardless, it can't hurt to have a backup plan.

My concern:
I have a PA LTCF permit (License to Carry Firearms).
One of the questions on the LTCF app concerns the use of Marijuana. If checked yes - you are disqualified.

I wonder if the Sheriffs Dept computers can be tied into the State Dept of Heath computers and discover I smoke the herb.
I may have my LTCF permit revoked.

Jut curious what others think - is Big Brother a concern here?

I plan on staying with my source - I much prefer giving him $$ vs the State Govt.
Besides - he's $20 cheaper per Z..

later

bigsur51

Reaction score
Good question. Some experts here so you should get some good advice.

me personally?

I just follow the Constitution of the United States of America :

A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

putembk

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure that if you check your state web site on marijuana laws you will be able to get the information.

I am an expert here in the state of Colorado. If you have a Med card here you can't legally buy or possess a firearm. I was in the US Army during Nam and can't own a gun.

I tried to buy a gun at a Tanner Gun Show and my background check showed my med card registered with the state and was rejected.

Computer integration in you state may vary from mine but be careful....I am marked. I can't even give myself an enema.

buds_killington

Reaction score
I am sure that if you check your state web site on marijuana laws you will be able to get the information.

I am an expert here in the state of Colorado. If you have a Med card here you can't legally buy or possess a firearm. I was in the US Army during Nam and can't own a gun.

I tried to buy a gun at a Tanner Gun Show and my background check showed my med card registered with the state and was rejected.

Computer integration in you state may vary from mine but be careful....I am marked. I can't even give myself an enema.
what about CDL drivers in CO? if i buy from a dispensary and they scan my card does it get kept anywhere?

putembk

Staff member
Reaction score
Only guns as far as I know....I still have a driver's licence but if they do a wants and warrants on you?????? Big brother is watching....maybe.

WeedHopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Fk the government and their mandated bullshit. They can shove those cards right up their butts,,,right along with their ridiculous taxes and regulations. All they do is fk shit up and raise the price of weed.
And on top of that they tell you that you cant own a firearm if you smoke weed but you can buy whiskey legally and shoot the shit out of ppl while your drunk as ****,, but heaven forbid a pothead and War Veteran wants to protect his home,,like he protected his Country.😠

Last edited:

mean4green

Reaction score
That is outrageous.
Especially since you served your Country in Nam and now they stripped you of your 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms over a GD plant..

I figured Colorado (weed legal even for recreational purposes) would not slam gun owners with clear criminal history. That truly sucks.

What the hay does a Co. Rancher who partakes in da herb via Med Card do? Packing a gun is a necessity for a rancher!!

Bastard Feds DEA with their ** Class I Weed Designation which is as stupid as that Reefer Madness film they used to brainwash people that weed was evil.

I am very leery about Big Brother. I simply do not TRUST them and never will.

You see how we are becoming a cashless society and all institutions and govt encouraging the use of electronic/debit card methods. This is because they have the ability to track every single item you purchase over the course of your life if you do not use cash.

I understand how people prefer not to carry cash, but I still do. Cash is anonymous.

Back to my situation:
I face no possibility of losing my right to own/bear arms for smoking weed (having Med Card).

But, I could lose LTCF privileges – which allows me to carry loaded handgun concealed and transport same loaded weapon in my vehicle.

Not worth the risk at this time.

later

Latest posts