Leaves are curling downwards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hetfield_08

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm about 5 weeks into my grow now and have been in flower for 3 days. Until now i've been doing alright at keeping my plants fairly healthy but now i've got some leaves that are starting to give me some problems. It's been about 3 days since i noticed the first plant doing this and i thought it just needed some water since the dirt was getting dry but that didn't do it. Now ive got 2 others that are starting to do it too.:confused:

I only have 1 good pic of the leaves right now since my lights are off. I can throw some more on tomorrow if needed.

I'll try to list everything i'm using

Strain - Unknown(Bagseed)

Regular potting soil with no pre-mixed/added nutes

Fed 2 times with MG all purpose 24-8-16( I know I know:rolleyes:, i'm broke lol) and Epson Salt (1tsp per gallon of water)

Fed once with Shultz plant food 10-15-10
All feedings were 1/4 the strength it said to use

150w HPS(only been using for little over a week)
Light is 4" away from plants, i can barely feel the heat on my hand
1 2" computer fan for intake
1 3" computer fan for exhaust(above the light)
1 6" desk fan for exhaust(plant level)

Temps have been between 78F - 84F

PH runoff has been between 6.2 to 6.5 on the 3 plants

If i left anything out please ask, thanks for lookin'!:smoke1:

lst1.JPG

I can't tell from pics (lights on), but it sounds similar to a prob my GF had with an auto-flowering plant.(can't remember strain). Are leaves a very dark green?this may be too much nitrogen ! sorry i can't be more helpful but i know someone here will be able to help better.

Hello Hetfeld09 i agree with kushman and i think you have a lockout ! Is your ph meter calibrated and which type of meter do you use ! Personally i don't trust any mg product i used some on my tomatoes and it almost wiped them out ! N=5 P=15 K=20 for flower.. as long as P+K are higher ! Also the claw is generally caused from to much nitrogen ! Peace and take care !

OGKushman said:
PH before you water? Tap water? Have you flushed soil yet?

Hey OGK, thanks for stopin' through

Ph before is 6.8. I'm using tap water with a Ph of about 8.5 but i add 1tsp of lemon juice to a gallon of water and it drops it to 6.8 ( with nutes was 6.5). The water in my area really sucks.

And no i haven't flushed yet.

which type of meter do you use !

I have a tester that i got with my pool a while back. Its one of the dropper kinds, i have no idea what you would call, just a simple Ph tester.

looks like ove nutes..but you said 1/4 strength..I would flush her good..and let us know how she takes to it..take care and be safe

Should I flush as soon as the lights come on? I'm asking because i need about another 2 days for the pots to "dry out". I don't want to overwater and cause anymore stress since i'm still doing a little lst on them.

Flush them with Distilled, PH'd water. I would do it right away. Report back when you can. Good luck!

Well i just got done flushing. While i was tending to my plants i heard a crash.... i looked over and a piece of paneling i have in the room somehow fell on top of 3 plants:eek:. It broke one plant in half, luckily it was one of my smaller ones, I cut it the rest of the way off and put it in a glass of water and set in my window, hopefully she'll stay alive. The other 2 still seem to be doing ok right now but only time will tell. I'll update in a day or two to let you guys know if the leaves change back to normal.

I dont think the leaves will return..keep an eye on the new growth tho..this will tell ya ..good luck

4u2sm0ke said:
I dont think the leaves will return..keep an eye on the new growth tho..this will tell ya ..good luck

Hey 4u, all of the new growth has been really healthy looking, maybe looking a little light green everynow and again but nothing has been worrying me too bad. Just waiting for my lights to come on so i can check on them today. I hate having to wait sometimes ya know?? :D

hetfield_08 said:
Hey 4u, all of the new growth has been really healthy looking, maybe looking a little light green everynow and again but nothing has been worrying me too bad. Just waiting for my lights to come on so i can check on them today. I hate having to wait sometimes ya know?? :D
Oh do I know that feeling!:D

hetfield_08 said:
Oh do I know that feeling!:D

hi hetfield

make sure your lights are not too close to your plants,,,,,instead of feeling with your hand, feel the heat on your face or your neck. If it'd make you too hot after a few minutes, then they're too close.

also look out for over-watering. feel the weight of hte pots, they will be light when they are dry. You wil get better at feeling the weight

they seem to be doing well overall, so just keep it up.

Also, try to get some stronger fans in there!! haha

good luck!!!
destroyer

Latest posts

Back